Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Riverside Barbers

On 11 Jun 2015 at 5:42pm annoyed wrote:
Rude ! Feels like a rip off! The so called owner has no concept of customer care - was rude and angry in front of my children when I queried the price - they charge you for a 'restyle' - I asked the girl working there to trim his hair! she cut too much off and then I was rudely told by the owner that it took ages there was lots of hair + it was a restyle! It too a long time and there was lots of hair because she cut too much off - disappointing service in an otherwise nice centre - much friendlier barbers in town - I guess it explains why you can walk right in and there are queues everywhere else and she has such a high staff turn over - will not give them my business again -
On 11 Jun 2015 at 8:18pm Country Boy wrote:
Are you the same person who complained about your shave last year?
On 11 Jun 2015 at 10:51pm Bitpricey wrote:
I've been there twice - I'm a woman with short hair. First time I was charged 36 for a 'restyle'and told it would be standard price next time when I queried it . Second time I went in they charged again for a restyle 36. It annoys me because I essentially have a 'short back and sides' - which a man would be charged 15 for. They are good cutters but ripping women off. I've wondered if there's a case for sex discrimination. Next time back to Brighton for a 10 cut!!!
On 11 Jun 2015 at 11:16pm Old Bloke wrote:
Place is a complete rip off
Done me for 15 that I can only assume was a search fee - having almost no hair
Awful cut considering not much to attend to and neither did they attend to my substantial ear and nose hair
A Turkish barber (the best) always does that bogies and all
Best in Lewes is opposite the Station, far better and much cheaper
On 12 Jun 2015 at 12:13am Local wrote:
Do they still have their ignorantly mis-spelt sign out on the bridge?
On 12 Jun 2015 at 12:20am Rob wrote:
I have been using this barbers for a couple of years now and have nothing but good things to say. The cut is fantastic and the service is all you can ask for. As for price there are cheaper places to get your hair done but in my experience you get what you pay for.
On 12 Jun 2015 at 11:41am Hammer wrote:
Jason's barbers everytime, typical banter, knows what you want, always remembers a face and its tenner inc tip also has a webcam on his website so you can see how busy it is before you go!
On 12 Jun 2015 at 5:36pm Lewes wrote:
You get what you pay for! If you want a bog standard hair cut then go pay your 10. The barbers are very attentive and know how to look after each individual. I will be returning to the riverside barbers very soon!
On 13 Jun 2015 at 4:57pm Hairy wrote:
who wants 'banter' when they get their haircut? Enoch Powell was right about only one thing - when the barber asked him how he liked his hair cut he said 'In silence'. I go to a barber in Eastbourne where I work who does it for 8 and doesn't bore me with his opinions on football and politics.
On 13 Jun 2015 at 8:05pm Teeny Swab wrote:
I hope there wasn't rivers of blood when Enoch was shaved.
On 14 Jun 2015 at 11:53am Hello Trevor wrote:
I have found Riverside Barbers to be excellent. I've been using them for a couple of years. If you don't like them don't go there - simple. Please refrain from slagging off small local businesses (that don't warrant slagging off) on a public forum. Low behaviour.
On 14 Jun 2015 at 2:37pm Clever Trevor wrote:
15 ! you could drive to Hailsham, park free and get a cut for 6. if you're an OAP - or get the bus free if you've got all day to spare
On 17 Jun 2015 at 9:03pm Outoftowner wrote:
Been using Chloe since she opened a few years back, never had any issues whatsoever, ptetty much always have to queue when I go in, whats wrong with that, sign of a good barber in my opinion. Or she will always tell me to come back in 10-15 minutes or so, ideal when you can grab a coffee from the cafe. Glad you don't like it in there, means she won't be open to any more of your abuse on here!!!
On 17 Jun 2015 at 9:06pm Outoftowner wrote:
And as for the "high staff turnover" I have very rarely seen anyone in there that I don't know, she built it up from the beginning when she was on her own and now the space she has isn't big enough for her!
On 29 Jun 2015 at 2:05am Arthur Reitus wrote:
What bothers me is that in my experience, the staff will offer extra things, which sound like they are just options included in the price you pay, then you find out at the end that they've whacked some more onto the (already high) price. Offer me a cut throat razor wet shave to the back of my neck, sure, but at the same time tell me that it's going to cost me an extra few quid.

22 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

The Ouse upstream 120:132
The Ouse upstream

Ugh, you give TP an inch and he takes a mile with eugenics and other wackadoodle stuff. I do sense though that the power is... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the forum and being able to respond to things I agree and don't agree with.
Clare