Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

River clean up

On 8 May 2010 at 5:53pm Mick Deacon wrote:
The next clean up day is next saturday 15th may. If you would like to support us please follow the link at the bottom of the Lewes.co.uk homepage, and email me for details etc. This is in case of any last minute changes etc, so I can get in touch.
If anyone can help with some good strong ropes, carabines, leather work gloves, and a landrover type vehicle, ideally with a capstan winch, we would be very grateful to hear from you.

On 9 May 2010 at 8:38am MC wrote:
I'll be there. I want to see if we can find another set of goalposts... or maybe treasure this time.

www.lewes.co.uk/clean-ouse

On 9 May 2010 at 12:58pm 'ere be monsters wrote:
Cup final day

On 9 May 2010 at 1:59pm Qwerty wrote:
Maybe it could be a day for the ladies in the river, and the men could stay at home and watch football for once. Is that sexist?

On 9 May 2010 at 5:44pm Smiler wrote:
Southover Bonfire Medieval Fayre too I think

On 9 May 2010 at 6:03pm Mick Deacon wrote:
Oh No, we,ll be finished by 12, well in time for footy

On 10 May 2010 at 11:04am Emmeline wrote:
And in time for SBS's fayre - great fun last year!

On 11 May 2010 at 2:18pm Mick Deacon wrote:
We've sourced the ropes

On 12 May 2010 at 1:57pm Honest Dave wrote:
Sourced the ropes, is that a nautical term?!

On 12 May 2010 at 3:48pm Mick Deacon wrote:
No

On 13 May 2010 at 2:54pm Mick Deacon wrote:
We need a couple of scaffolding planks if anyone can help?

On 13 May 2010 at 10:41pm Mick Deacon wrote:
We meet at 8am in the Eastgate car Park behind Waitrose.
There will not be any need for any you to get in the river, but we need people on the bank pulling ropes and putting stuff in the skip, and we want as many faces there showing support for the press pictures.
If you want to get involved it will get a bit mucky so wear suitable clothing, I suggest strong DM or workboots type footwear, plus Sweatshirt and Jeans. The weather changeable lately so it will be best to bring a jumper and a waterproof kagool too, (this will also help keep you dry when handling wet ropes etc. (and bring a pair of gardening gloves if you can we're low on these). See you there.
Harveys are supplying the beer again so we can have some refreshment afterwards, (it is very thirsty work).
We will be pulishing pictures and a report on our webpage and giving an aknowledgement to our supporters.

On 17 May 2010 at 1:52pm Mick Deacon wrote:
We removed 15 trolleys plus a lot of other stuff, including road signs tyres car batteries a ladder and a beer keg. Thanks to all who helped

24 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Southover Grange and Gardens 117:143
Southover Grange and Gardens

Once more onto the beach dear fiends.... Nev, I'm not trying to impress or confuse, just saying what I believe, and what I... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the way streets have street parties!!!!!!!
JoJo