Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

River Lodge Surgery

On 3 Oct 2017 at 11:26am Poorly wrote:
The women who work behind the reception desk here are so rude and bitter. Every time I go in or call up they are so dismissive and huffy and they try and make me feel like a complete idiot.
On 3 Oct 2017 at 12:20pm Sicknote wrote:
The place should be blown up the doctors there ainít got a clue what there doing ,complete jokers needs investigating urgently ?
On 3 Oct 2017 at 12:59pm Clifford wrote:
I have to agree. I was dissatisfied with the surgery for a number of reasons and changed GPs. I complained to the practice manager about the actions of one receptionist.
On 3 Oct 2017 at 2:10pm Madmother wrote:
One particular receptionist is horrendous. So rude and condescending. I called the surgery when I was experiencing a miscarriage and she sighed and groaned at me like I was wasting her time. She needs to work in a job that involves no human or animal contact not a role which requires compassion and being non judgemental.
On 3 Oct 2017 at 3:41pm Mum wrote:
Bloody hell. She should have been sacked
On 3 Oct 2017 at 4:20pm tiger feet wrote:
I moved from there to School Hill Surgery for the same reason and they are superb. Never had a problem getting an appointment, reception always helpful, nurses are happy and doctors are great.
On 3 Oct 2017 at 6:46pm Me wrote:
Tiger feet do you work for school hill surgery? They are a joke. Always behind apointment times, terrible for appointments I am currently seeing one doctor there for a mistake a farmer shouldn't have made. The place is a tip and the staff are rubbish.
On 3 Oct 2017 at 6:56pm tiger feet wrote:
Nope, speaking purely from experience.
On 3 Oct 2017 at 7:22pm Me wrote:
Sueing not seeing.
On 3 Oct 2017 at 7:33pm Gary wrote:
I have never been to River Lodge surgery so don't feel I can add any meaningful contribution to this discussion.
Kind regards
Gary
On 3 Oct 2017 at 7:41pm Satan wrote:
And of course it is a Christian practice.
On 3 Oct 2017 at 8:30pm Poorly wrote:
You go to the doctors because there is something wrong and they make it 10x more difficult and stressful! @Madmother that is absolutely terrible. I would ask to speak to the manager but I'm guessing the manager acts the same way. Clearly not setting a good example or caring at all whatsoever about their 'clients'
On 4 Oct 2017 at 9:53am Kristian wrote:
Thought the surgery was Christian...not a great example of Christianity!
On 4 Oct 2017 at 11:01am Ernie wrote:
River Lodge. My dear old mother used to have to go there. Dreadful place. Always running so late. I got her to switch to the far superior St Andrews Surgery.
On 4 Oct 2017 at 11:28am ch ch ch wrote:
Change surgery if your not happy.....
On 4 Oct 2017 at 11:52am Lin Martin wrote:
I was so sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction at the service we provide at the surgery. If you had left your name I would have been happy to discuss with you the concerns you have raised. We all try very hard to provide a really good service and would welcome anyone's constructive feedback.
Should you have any concerns in the future please contact me via the surgery.
Lin Martin
Practice Manager
On 4 Oct 2017 at 4:48pm Mario wrote:
I ditched River Lodge many years ago when they stuck up posters and stuff for an 'Alpha course'. That was bang out of order - you go to your Dr to medical care etc. I worry that their religious beliefs will compromise their medical judgement.
On 4 Oct 2017 at 4:53pm Lanza wrote:
Do they have Lazarus on their books ?

On 4 Oct 2017 at 7:54pm Ted wrote:
I go to River Lodge. Never had any problems with the doctors or the receptionists. One of the doctors always seems to be running late but theyíre generally ok and itís great to be able to make appointments early in the morning or on a Saturday.

On 5 Oct 2017 at 10:54am Lin Martin wrote:
Good morning Ted, thank you so much for the positive feedback, it's much appreciated by me and my staff.

On 6 Oct 2017 at 7:33am Lynne hart wrote:
I have never had a problem with river lodge ... well maybe receptionist needs more people skills!!!! But the docs are thorough and saved my neck !! As for appointment punctuality itís usually the patients themselves that cause delays .... who cares if youíre a few minutes late as long as your health issue is dealt with appropriately!! Top surgery thank you !!
On 6 Oct 2017 at 8:06am Sussex Jim wrote:
I have never had any real problems with River Lodge. The doctors seem to go out of their way to find any ongoing medical problems; and if appointments are scarce they often offer a choice of going to Ringmer.
In these days of longer lives and increasing population, and a shortage of health facilities ( that no government of any colour seems able to rectify), I think it would be prudent to show some loyalty and stay with them.

On 7 Oct 2017 at 3:13am UnderThe Weather wrote:
The younger receptionists are much kinder, but there are a couple of ladies I dread talking to because they make me feel guilty for calling and can be very curt. Please understand that most people ringing or going to a Doctor's surgery are already feeling ill and vulnerable, and need kindness and care. In general I have found the Doctors and nurses at River Lodge do their best, and it must be very difficult trying to make a diagnosis in a ten minute appointment.

14 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Arms Lads 55:132
Lewes Arms Lads

HS2 springs to mind. What a waste of money and environment. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell