Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Rites of passage, male and female.. Thoughts!!

On 13 Dec 2015 at 12:22am Ian Freeston wrote:
do you think you had the appropriate rites of passage to make world a better place to live given the mess that seems show up in the daily headlines?

Check it out here »
On 13 Dec 2015 at 9:16am Ben wrote:
At what period in recorded history were things not a mess?
On 13 Dec 2015 at 3:08pm Ian Freeston wrote:
Yes Ben
psent a lot of my time this year digging into HIStory being 800th year since Magna Carta, King John etc
200th battle of waterloo etc
watched a lot of bbc documentaries and read a lot of books I found at the tip, charity shops sunday market
And you are totally correct Ben, its mad bad mess of soap opera, with lots of ultra violence to keep people in line..
So given that mess, what kinda difference can rights of passage make in our communities today??
I say I'm just on the edge of barking mad, yet the time spent with older and younger men asking the questions and supporting each other has had a profound effect on me..
I've taken time out to put my own house in order,
and next year once the taxman is paid up etc, I really wanna get back with the guys..
Its been a bit of a wake up call to how immature and bent out of shape I can be?!

On 18 Dec 2015 at 11:10pm Jeremy Thorpe. wrote:
I had rites of passage, but my party fell apart.

33 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Keere Street 50:132
Keere Street

Well Basil you could try posting about something and see what people's reaction is. I don't mean just the state of the forum but,... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an ass of yourself.
Oscar Wilde