Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Rip Ronnie Corbit

On 31 Mar 2016 at 5:57pm Metatron wrote:
Its good night from him.
You made me laugh till I cried.
RIP.
On 31 Mar 2016 at 6:12pm cynical syd wrote:
A shame of course but I don't understand this fawning and calling him a comedy genius etc etc. He was very much the minor partner in the two Ronnies. Just like ernie wise was to eric Morecambe. They were nothing without the main man.
On 31 Mar 2016 at 7:25pm Mr Bannit wrote:
Humour is a strange thing, isn't it. He never so much as made my lip twitch, never mind cry with laughter.

On 31 Mar 2016 at 7:43pm Old Malling wrote:
I certainly wouldn't consider him another a Ernie Wise. He was a very skilled comedian- not a comic actor like Ronnie Barker but a great stand up who worked successfully for over 60 years. Comedy is all about personal taste though so I appreciate that he may not have appealed to everyone.
On 31 Mar 2016 at 8:59pm Tipex wrote:
Still doesn't explain how Metatron got 4 thumbs down for merely expressing sadness though.
On 31 Mar 2016 at 10:12pm Grunge wrote:
Perhaps the thumbs down were for his spelling.

On 31 Mar 2016 at 11:11pm Pete Manyata wrote:
Thought Two Ronnies was way over-rated, but did love Sorry. Barbara Lott was a gem too as his mum - you could they made each other crack up during the performance. Timothy!

On 1 Apr 2016 at 9:37am Bag Man wrote:
I saw him many years ago at Gatwick. He was a a right miserable little sod that day.
On 1 Apr 2016 at 11:04am Grunge wrote:
At Gatwick?. Who wouldn't be?

On 1 Apr 2016 at 5:39pm Eric C wrote:
Anyone using Gatwick has a right to be miserable. The worst airport I have ever travelled through bar none.
On 1 Apr 2016 at 6:04pm Rip Von Winkell wrote:
It's Corbett FFS.

On 1 Apr 2016 at 10:04pm Grunge wrote:
I thought Boston airport was pretty bleak when I was there some years ago.

25 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Closet and Botts 29:132
Closet and Botts

It's sickening to see how time time, money and energy went into destroying the Phoenix Rising campaign. On this forum, some very... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like All the wide open spaces on the downs
Jojo