Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Ringo Parking/ Parking tickets

On 4 Aug 2018 at 8:18am park wrote:
I have been fined twice by the Dripping Pan even though I phone Ringo parking and paid. Any one tried this and what did you do?
On 4 Aug 2018 at 8:28am So wrote:
You were fined once so you did it again?
On 4 Aug 2018 at 8:49am Just me wrote:
Do you have a smart phone? If so, do it via the app. Youíll then have proof of paying.
I donít often park at the dripping pan (if ever). Is it possible you parked in a space you shouldnít have?
On 4 Aug 2018 at 9:28am Rookie wrote:
I have parked there dozens of times and used the Ringo system without any problems. Are you sure you didn't park in one of the reserved bays?
On 4 Aug 2018 at 9:47am Rongo wrote:
The Ringo service is terrible. Always no end of problems. The ticket machine has been out of order, leaving no choice but to use it or park elsewhere.
Just appeal. Provided you paid ringo you're safe. If you didn't, you'll have to demonstrate how utterly unusable ringo is most of the time, which will be easy, but unlikely to get the fines revoked.
On 4 Aug 2018 at 10:14am Rory wrote:
I use the app and it seems to work fine but it is significantly more expensive than coins. This seems wrong, surely it should be cheaper with lower overheads?
On 4 Aug 2018 at 11:58am FootyPal wrote:
I got fined because I parked at The Pan but used the Mountfield Road Ringo code which is different than The Dripping Pan Ringo code.
I had hoped they would let me off as I had paid but nope I had to cough up the £25
On 4 Aug 2018 at 1:45pm John, Paul and George wrote:
Let it be
On 4 Aug 2018 at 3:33pm Tom wrote:
The app is so bloody simple - literally all you have to do is make sure you type in the right five digit number...you don't even have to do that after the first time as you've got a car park history! It can't be that much simpler really, can it?
On 4 Aug 2018 at 3:35pm Iíll throw a ton like Eric Bristow wrote:
Iíve never had a problem with RingGo. I like the text 10 mins before ticket expires. Costs 40p per go so if youíre only buying a 50p ticket then it is expensive.
What I donít like with this fee is we the customer are paying more to save the council money? How is that fair ?
Anyway it all goes through my business so not the end of the world
On 4 Aug 2018 at 3:52pm Tom wrote:
@Iíll throw a ton like Eric Bristow RingGo is a cash cow - what you've just said is part of the problem with them in my view. Nearly every other parking app has free notifications on smart phones. However, RingGo insists on using a rip off sms service. It's a joke. Also, why we don't use paybyphone like our neighbouring councils is beyond me
On 4 Aug 2018 at 4:55pm Local Sceptic wrote:
No doubt someone somewhere does (or did) okay out of LDC choosing to use Ringo... just sayin'... but it probably isnt their customers/ residents....
On 4 Aug 2018 at 5:33pm I'll pot all the reds wrote:
Like Steve Davis - how do you get long user names ? Mine was cut off
On 5 Aug 2018 at 9:51am Bazzer78 wrote:
I've always preferred using Macca's Parking. I used to use John's quite a bit until they 'upgraded' it to John & Yoko's.

23 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Torchlit 135:142
Torchlit

It's hard to decide who is the funniest on here: 'Chicken Licken' Cool Hand Luke or 'Street Fighting Man' Sensible. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell