Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Ringmer in SpeciAl Measure

On 22 Jun 2015 at 2:20pm Jeff wrote:
Someone has just told me Rigmer Community College is in Special Measures. Is that true?
On 22 Jun 2015 at 2:57pm Al capone wrote:
You talkin to me ?
On 22 Jun 2015 at 4:32pm Sjep76 wrote:
No as far as I know it is not true. I have 2 children at the school and last ofsted inspection was about 4 months ago and they were judged to be good. They are not due for another inspection for a while now.
On 22 Jun 2015 at 4:43pm bastian wrote:
Even if they were it doesn't actually mean anything, Ofsted are just like the Spanish inquisition, unless you fall into their narrow expectaions of what they alone require you are failing. It's such rubbish.
All schools in this area are very good, I wish people would stop listening to league tables and Ofsted reprts and just answer thei own question "are my kids happy at school?"
On 22 Jun 2015 at 5:11pm Slarty wrote:
When 40% of the Ofsted inspectors have just been found not up to the job, what is the point of looking at Ofsted results?
But with an Ofsted just a few months ago, it wouldn't have been reviewed again unless something really bad happened.
On 22 Jun 2015 at 5:29pm Jane wrote:
Just another Tory ploy too force schools into becoming Academy's and therefore out of local government control. In turn this reduces the number of people employed by the local authority and its eventual demise, so say hello to Serco or Capita providing expensive, sub standard services to schools in the future.
On 22 Jun 2015 at 7:18pm Pedant wrote:
The plural form of academy is academies.
On 23 Jun 2015 at 12:35pm Sjep76 wrote:
Ringmer is already an academy.
On 26 Jun 2015 at 7:36pm tweezle wrote:
Ringmer Community College inspection dated 1st April 2014 - Grade 3 Requires improvement.
(A school that requires improvement is not yet a good school, but it is not inadequate. This school will receive a full inspection within 24 months from the date of this inspection.)

28 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

The Potting Shed Lewes 122:132
The Potting Shed Lewes

90% of the adult population have had 1 vaccine already in the UK, with around 82% double dosed. It would come as no surprise that... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams