Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Ringmer cycle path

On 4 Oct 2010 at 5:27pm Chillie123 wrote:
The Ringmer cycle path has been long overdue. However, can someone explain to me when it is going to be finished? Why does it suddenly stop for no apparent reason? Maybe it was never intended to be a cycle path between Ringmer and Lewe? I am sure there is someone out there who can shed some light on the subject.

On 4 Oct 2010 at 5:29pm George Doors wrote:
I do not really understand whay they did upgrade the pavement, that goes all the way to Lewes, so that it was divided between pedestrians and cyclists.

On 4 Oct 2010 at 6:04pm Boom! wrote:
I think it is finished ... But it does look half done because of the state of the pavement after the bit where cyclists are supposed to cross the road. It does make me laugh though that they have spent however much on this new cycle path, yet cyclists still use the road!

On 4 Oct 2010 at 6:04pm forgive my trespasses wrote:
ride up mill rd,then take the track and pick up cycle path at the gate.

On 4 Oct 2010 at 7:47pm Peter Byron wrote:
On yer Bike (just joking) Peter

On 4 Oct 2010 at 7:50pm sashimi wrote:
Community benefit money paid by developers of The Forge estate in Ringmer was about to run out of time and would have had to be repaid to the developers. So it was used to fund half a cycle route to Lewes. FMT is right. You can use the track up to Mill Road to complete the journey but it isn't signed and at this time of the year it's pretty muddy. Not much more use than half a bridge. George Doors, the pavement on the other side of the road is too narrow for pedestrians let alone shared with cyclists. It can't be widened because there's a flint wall which would be expendive to rebuild.

On 4 Oct 2010 at 7:56pm Peter Byron wrote:
Half a cycle route? May as well have one wheel on your bike, the fools. Best, Peter

On 4 Oct 2010 at 9:20pm Jack the Ripper wrote:
Ringmer psychopath£

29 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

The Gardeners Arms Lewes 125:143
The Gardeners Arms Lewes

Looks like an anpr camera more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The great thing about the Lewes Forum is it's up to date and lively, you don't have to wait a month to get out of date news
Clarissa