Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Ringmer

On 9 Oct 2016 at 4:46pm Movers wrote:
We're thinking of moving to the area and have noticed that Ringmer is considerably cheaper than Lewes. A friend of ours who lives in Lewes says rather rudely 'Ringmers cheap because it's sh1t'
We have briefly visited and popped in both pubs and I must say they are dire.
Are there any positives of living in Ringmer? Our friend also mention the place is inhabited Gypos and other undesirables.
Is the place safe to bring up small children ?
On 9 Oct 2016 at 5:01pm Towney wrote:
I do wonder where people "get off" when posting this sh1t on here.
Be a bit more subtle next time
On 9 Oct 2016 at 5:15pm Ringmerite wrote:
Sounds like Ringmer will be saved from you! Both pubs are great.
On 9 Oct 2016 at 6:13pm Funny wrote:
You can't compare the two, one is lovely, the other one not so.
On 9 Oct 2016 at 6:26pm Hahahaha wrote:
Which are you Ringmerite, a Gypo I'm guessing.
On 9 Oct 2016 at 7:08pm Earl of Lewes wrote:
Yes, I agree with Towney. If you're going to try a wind-up, at least do it well.
On 9 Oct 2016 at 7:38pm Cod liver oil wrote:
Ringmer is okay if you are on a budget. People are nice though.
On 9 Oct 2016 at 8:09pm Knuckle Dragger wrote:
Haha Ringmerite more concerned about his boozers reputation than the dig at the locals !!!!
On 9 Oct 2016 at 8:09pm Peasant wrote:
Movers, you definitely should NOT consider Ringmer. You won't be happy here. The rush hour traffic queues at Earwig Corner are dreadful, so you won't be able to access civilisation. No street lights. Full of people who like the countryside. No trains. No buses except to Lewes. No one here will think like you do, so you would find no friends. Actually, I rather doubt you would like Lewes either. You should definitely stay in London or look at Brighton.
On 9 Oct 2016 at 8:50pm Bestofboth wrote:
I quite lucky got a house in both locations no I'm not a dfl born and bred down here I use the country house only when lewes floods cos I can't swim
On 9 Oct 2016 at 8:58pm Ignition wrote:
The main difference is in Lewes we burn Londoners on the 5th whereas in Ringer and surrounding villages we burn them on the Saturday before or after depending on local custom.
On 9 Oct 2016 at 9:57pm Serena wrote:
Go to the town square where the shops are and you might see how depressing it is compared to Lewes.
On 10 Oct 2016 at 1:15am Peasant wrote:
Yes, Serena is quite right. If you live to shop that is another excellent reason to steer clear of Ringmer, and Lewes too, for that matter, unless knitted yoghourt is your thing. You will also have trouble getting your children into the oversubscribed Ringmer Primary School. There is one Lewes primary school with spaces to spare, but they are making the formal decision to close that this week. Best stay away.
On 10 Oct 2016 at 12:11pm Meic wrote:
Do we have to put up with racist terms like "gypo" on thei forum?
On 10 Oct 2016 at 12:16pm Observer wrote:
Yes stay away! The flat roads are crammed with cyclists and parents selfishly walking their kids to school as no-one can afford Chelsea tractors. Lew Howard insists on selling all that free range locally sourced crap so you have to drive to Lewes for your Danish bacon. Not a hedge fund manager in sight so you have to question who your kids will mix with. Small houses are accessible for local teachers and nursing types which drag down the neighborhood. People get on your nerves with all that 'good morning' stuff. I could go on and on...,
On 10 Oct 2016 at 3:00pm Mr Egg Plant wrote:
Ringmer has a great bakery. Can't think of anything else to recommend it.
On 10 Oct 2016 at 5:34pm Mr Egg Fart wrote:
Indeed - but I need artisan bread to keep me regular, and the walk up hills to keep me fit.
On 10 Oct 2016 at 5:41pm Mrs Aubergine wrote:
No sourdough at the bakery - my poor Tarquin came out in a rash after eating one of their cheese straws and that would never happen at Flint Owl. Lots of hills, although the local farmer allows his cows to wander Willy nilly amongst them and doesn't even scoop their poop
On 10 Oct 2016 at 7:55pm Pumpkin wrote:
Serena - what are you on about 'the town square' for? Ringmer is not a town is it, you stupid tw*t.
On 10 Oct 2016 at 8:05pm Pie wrote:
Well it aint a village anymore is it, twit. It's about the same size as Uckfield was before it was over run with DFC's (down from Croydon ) into the new Manor Park - 3500 they were for those 2 bed terraces then. And a rail link to Brighton.
On 10 Oct 2016 at 8:49pm Reality wrote:
I like Ringmer, great for getting to Raytede
On 11 Oct 2016 at 10:27am Jonny wrote:
Ringmer has a great bakery?? You cannot be serious.
On 11 Oct 2016 at 11:56am Mr Egg Plant wrote:
Dead serious. Their cheese and bacon turnovers are dangerously addictive, their pasties sublime and the Sussex seeded loaf heavenly. Service could come with a few more smiles sometimes, but that's my only criticism.

The only other bakery nearby that comes close is the one hidden away in Newick.
On 11 Oct 2016 at 6:56pm Peasant wrote:
Don't tell them anything Pike!
On 11 Oct 2016 at 7:40pm Fox wrote:
I live in malling and Ringmer is really growing on me. We use busy bees garage,the pet shop and regularly scooter to the bakery along the cycle path. And the anchor is good for an evening drink.

On 14 Oct 2016 at 4:48pm Gloria wrote:
I live in Ringmer (but I am from Lewes) and it's great. There is a real sense of community here, it's full of Lewes people, who have been priced out of the Lewes market so no DFL's to contend with. The pubs are great, the primary school is fantastic, the shops give us exactly what we need. Piss off back to where you're from, we don't want you here.

11 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Queen clown 99:132
Queen clown

HS2 springs to mind. What a waste of money and environment. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell