Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Ringmer

On 13 May 2015 at 5:28pm Newby wrote:
Does anyone know who owns the land behind the Ringmer chemist ? (Nr the football club) And is anything ever going to be built on there ?
On 14 May 2015 at 3:37am Peasant wrote:
This site of the former Ringmer Youth Club is owned by Lewes District Council. I cannot tell you that this is one of the 49 secret sites that the Council is planning to dispose of via its new secret agreement because this is a highly confidential secret, known only to the whole village and a few selected developers. Now that a development partner has been identified after an exhaustive years-long search, we can expect it to be put to good use any decade now. Rather a pity it has not been released for use for car parking on a temporary basis but, hey, that is councils for you. They would rather keep it fenced off as a useless eyesore than actually do anything with it. But we have just voted them back in with an increased majority, so they must be doing what we want them to do, mustn't they?
On 14 May 2015 at 12:47pm Paul wrote:
Exactly the 49 sites will now be sold pretty quick - you get what you vote for I suppose. If people want their social centres/community centres etc. they are going to have to raise the money and buy them.
On 14 May 2015 at 3:04pm Bob wrote:
How can we buy them if we don't know they're for sale until they're sold?!
On 14 May 2015 at 3:36pm Lewes sceptic wrote:
Bob,
Suggest you do the lathihan (or whatever it is called), that seems to give divine inspiration that may help you bag a real bargain....well, it worked for Subud, so I guess it might work for anyone (rolls eyes)
On 15 May 2015 at 9:10pm Newby wrote:
Thank you. Such as shame it's not put to good use being in such a great area for the elderly, ie a day centre offering company, refreshments, lunches, activities and for communal use too that would be my dream... Dream on then I suppose !

31 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Castle Penny 62:132
Lewes Castle Penny

I'll leave that to you pancetta,you do such a lovely job.
Most of the government grants are going to the big players as the... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.
George Washington