Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Restaurants and fitting in...

On 1 Aug 2008 at 10:23pm Newgirl wrote:
hi, i've recently moved to Lewes and looking for some recommendations for restaurants, which are good ones, which to avoid etc.
also am wondering it i am sensitive, or if there is a bit of lets say distrust of newcomers? i feel a bit disapproved of because I am not born and bred in lewes.
has anyone else felt that?

On 2 Aug 2008 at 12:33am not from these parts either wrote:
Only on this forum!!
Without exception, every single person I've met in Lewes in the year since I moved here has been friendly, welcoming and charming. You'd never know it to read this forum though.
Don't let the xenophobes get you down...

On 2 Aug 2008 at 9:09am Lord Landport wrote:
Hi Newgirl Welcome to Lewes most people Are very friendly but you will always get a few who think you shouldn't be allowed as your not born a bred here.
I married a girl who doesn't come from Lewes does that make her not welcome ???
despite me living here all my life ???
My parents didnt have connections with the town just moved here because they liked it they have worked hard for
dozens of local charities, clubs school's etc and now i continue that hard work as do my kids.
my point is if they had not been welcomed into this fine town 3 generations of my family would not have taken part
in bonfire cubs scouts charities schools etc you all have to start somewhere even the DFL. (down from london. this name is given to people who some feel shouldnt be here.
Please tell me your not from London it doesnt bother me but that will just send some people off the rails lol
I Dont really eat out in Lewes but ASK is great for pizza pasta etc cheap good for kids. yummy yummy for quick chinese takeaway.
welcome again

On 2 Aug 2008 at 1:06pm Leave ma tawn alone wrote:
Its the DFL's that come down and try to change our town into a little London that we don't like.
Spice Merchant for Indian
Palin for Thai, Prezzo for Italian and the Swan for Sunday roast. The rest are shyte

On 2 Aug 2008 at 2:53pm derrick wrote:
i have lived in lewes all my life and anyone is welcome your right about the stuck up people moaning about it on the forum but generally the're probably the nice people you see in the street but dont mind sticking the knife in from the safety of there keyboard so welcome very much newgirl hope you enjoy lewes and it's fine charisma.

On 2 Aug 2008 at 7:07pm Little Bo wrote:
We don't tell the truth when we meet you in the flesh.........

On 9 Aug 2008 at 6:25pm superfly wrote:
The Shanaz make lovely food and they are very polite. About the other thing-I have felt that, it's in the local newspaper columns regularly. I hope you get to know some nice people.

30 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Mount Caburn 92:132
Mount Caburn

such a bent protest more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone