Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Restaurant recommendation

On Fri 22 Mar at 11:53pm ianfreeman wrote:
Can anyone recommend a restaurant or pub in central-ish Lewes for dinner on Sunday evening? A couple that I've looked at don't seem to do food on a Sunday evening - lunch only. Price not an issue. Many thanks in advance.
On Sat 23 Mar at 9:18am Tipex wrote:
Cote.
On Sat 23 Mar at 9:57am Rookie wrote:
ASK is good
On Sat 23 Mar at 12:14pm nancy wrote:
Green Man. Not fancy but good value.
On Sat 23 Mar at 12:57pm ianfreeman wrote:
Thanks so much everyone. Not a big fan of chain restaurants but will certainly give the Green Man a go.
On Sat 23 Mar at 1:35pm Sussex Jim wrote:
For a pub meal in central Lewes, the Brewers arms are good. Not a chain- a family run free house. Food all day, but last orders 8pm.
The Green man is in Ringmer, 4 miles out.
On Sat 23 Mar at 2:04pm hmm wrote:
The juggs in Kingston.. but if itís mothers day Sunday your looking at ? You might find most places are booked up !
On Sat 23 Mar at 2:20pm pauline wrote:
Don't know if they do food on Sunday but rights of man does good food and brewers as other has said. Cote has nice decor but really feels like a chain.
On Sat 23 Mar at 3:15pm ianfreeman wrote:
Thanks so much everyone for all your help. Much appreciated. We'll be there tomorrow, so no Mother's Day issues.
On Sat 23 Mar at 7:00pm Local99 wrote:
I fondly recall over-hearing someone praising the Green Man for their unfailing reliability in serving up huge portions of mediocre food
On Sat 23 Mar at 7:34pm ianfreeman wrote:
Heh, brilliant.
On Sun 24 Mar at 2:17pm ianfreeman wrote:
We're going for the safe option - Cote! Love your town. Thanks for having us.
On Mon 25 Mar at 8:51pm two sandwiches short wrote:
Green Man has great food - standard pub grub so donít expect fancy cuisine but great value roasts. I find the portions too large myself and would prefer more adventurous veggie options- but others clearly donít and it is frequently booked out on a Sunday
On Mon 25 Mar at 11:54pm Local99 wrote:
Presumably full of people who like a huge portion of anything faintly edible?
On Tue 26 Mar at 8:56am Nevillman wrote:
Cote is nice enough but I'm not too sure I like an 'optional' 12 and a half percent tip being automatically added to the bill. It tries to be a traditional french restaurant but I don't recall that as traditionally french.
On Tue 26 Mar at 9:22am ianfreeman wrote:
No, there's no percentage added in France. That said, the service was excellent and I was happy with the tip. I've been to loads of Cotes but this one had a different feel - much more community-friendly and hardly like being in a chain restaurant at all.

21 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Southover Grange and Gardens 116:142
Southover Grange and Gardens

It's hard to decide who is the funniest on here: 'Chicken Licken' Cool Hand Luke or 'Street Fighting Man' Sensible. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine