Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Reply to my letter sent to the Sunday Times

On 12 Aug 2010 at 5:50pm Sam Spam wrote:
Dear Sam Spam, (obviously not my real name!)
Thank you for your letter. As you can imagine, we have had a big mailbag on the Magazine article by David James Smith and in order to accommodate as many views as possible, we will be able to publish only an extract from your letter. At this stage, of course, we can give no guarantee of publication, but in any event, thank you for writing. A copy of your letter has, of course, been passed on to the Magazine Editor and David James Smith.
Yours sincerely Parin Janmohamed Letters Editor
Let's see what happens but I'd imagine it won't get published!

On 12 Aug 2010 at 6:28pm Peter B Ex Friars WalkR wrote:
Pity, the man wants the Editor to see he gets responses, albeit for the wrong reasons, alas we should have ignored him. Must dash, last minute preps to do.

On 12 Aug 2010 at 6:36pm Peter B Ex Friars WalkR wrote:
In fact I want to thank Mr David Smith, without his dull article in The Times I would never have discovered this site and met the wonderful people I have met, so cheers David, raise a glass to good friends!!

On 12 Aug 2010 at 7:17pm leaf wrote:
my reply was exactly the same.

On 13 Aug 2010 at 9:22am Sam Spam wrote:
I assumed that we'd all get that standard response but so long as something from somebody gets published we might go some way to getting our side of the story straight. Thinking about it (probably too much) it would have made a better article if Mr Smith had had two pages to state his case and we had two in reply!,,,,

On 13 Aug 2010 at 10:00am sashimi wrote:
Sam Spam and leaf, it is clear that the Sunday Times are planning to publish something to redress the balance and at least part of your letters is under consideration. If they were going to bin your letters or ignore the issue you would have heard nothing. That's got to be good news. Let's hope they make a decent fist of it.

On 13 Aug 2010 at 10:11am Patronising Paul wrote:
Well done Sam, you certainly are the outraged voice of Lewes. If I knew where you lived I'd come 'round and pat you on the head.

On 13 Aug 2010 at 10:51am Peter B Ex Friars WalkR wrote:
Well done, now onwards and upwards we must go!

On 13 Aug 2010 at 2:42pm Webbo wrote:
What a week first we get a mention in The Sunday Times and then another on the front page of The Sussex newspaper. By the way if the journo is reading this the website is called Lewes.co.uk and the Lewes Forum is part of that, any chance of a correction next week

On 15 Aug 2010 at 9:07pm Sam Spam wrote:
they have published my letter along with several others but I haven't read the contents as yet.

On 16 Aug 2010 at 8:54am Winterbourne Wanderer wrote:
The letters replying were interesting and mostly very measured. There were ten and all of them disagreed in some way with the original article. Five were from Lewes (plus one from Uckfield).

26 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Arch Bishop burning 4:132
Arch Bishop burning

I think it is unlikely that the IMF will be involved at all in our deficit Tom. The government have offered to give lots of money... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine