Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Renting and finding private lets

On 27 Feb 2015 at 5:49pm SG wrote:
Hi all. I'm sorry to clutter the forum with this but the hunt is on and times are tough.
Myself, a close friend and his partner are looking to rent a 2/3 bedroom property, ideally with a garage. Our budget is 1200/month.
We know these properties exist in Lewes, but getting them is another matter - things keep falling through. If you know of a resource to find private lets around Lewes, I'd really appreciate some advice. Thank you!
On 27 Feb 2015 at 6:02pm Menage a trois wrote:
Good luck with that then
On 27 Feb 2015 at 6:44pm SG wrote:
Thanks, I appreciate it Please let me know if you hear of anything!
On 28 Feb 2015 at 2:36pm Ellie wrote:
Good luck finding somewhere at that price in Lewes! You might find more options in the villages outside Lewes, there a quite a few farms/estates who own cottages & let them privately at reasonable prices.

On 28 Feb 2015 at 3:47pm Vator wrote:
Ex Cauncil flat in Newhaven
On 28 Feb 2015 at 7:31pm SG wrote:
Thank you! But like I said, we know these properties are out there at this price in Lewes. We've found a few already, but unfortunately arrangements with the agents and/or tenants have fallen through each time. Our requirements are fine for the asking price, it's just a matter of getting the right property as soon as it comes up, which is why I'm placing a call out on public forums and similar platforms.
On 1 Mar 2015 at 5:35pm ben wrote:
Depends what your budget is. You can rent a cessner for about 3k a day or a jumbo 747 is around 20k a day. Finding them is easy........try Gatwick for srarters.
On 1 Mar 2015 at 5:50pm Biggles wrote:
I'll rent you my Sopwith Camel for 50 guineas a day.

On 1 Mar 2015 at 5:53pm Algy wrote:
What on earth is going on, Biggles old chap have you been on the pop? .Sorry SG.
On 5 Mar 2015 at 1:57pm SG wrote:
No worries - I actually lived in Lewes a few years ago and had forgotten the nature of this forum. Thanks all for your input, it's been enlightening.

On 5 Mar 2015 at 4:37pm Landlord wrote:
I have a flat which I will be looking to let out again soon. It is two bedrooms and has a large storage cupboard and a small garden, but no garage. I would accept 1,000 pcm from 3 tenants. Is this of interest?

26 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

You're being obtuse. We weren't talking about ALL households (and you probably knew that already). We were talking about how when... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
There are no ordinary moments
Dan