Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think


Lewes Forum New message

Remain march in London this weekend.

18
30
On 21 Mar 2017 at 11:01am Zebedee wrote:
Is anyone from Lewes going up for the Remain EU march in London this weekend? Should be a jolly jape as we march on parliament to shout at Teresa May, Boris Johnson, David Davis, Daniel Hannan, Liam Fox, John Redwood, Michael Gove and all the other self-interested idiots trying to drag the UK down the path to poverty and oblivion.

11am at Hyde Park, Wear blue and yellow if possible.

Check it out here »
14
27
On 21 Mar 2017 at 11:35am Smikler wrote:
I'm definitely going.
Are there any buses arranged from Lewes?
11
24
On 21 Mar 2017 at 11:40am Kane wrote:
I'm deffo going. We need to stop this Brexit in its trax. How can the toories who don't even have a maorrity decide they want to leave?
36
18
On 21 Mar 2017 at 11:49am The Forum Nutter wrote:
And in the real world we will be exiting the EU no matter what you bunch of liberal lettuce leaves want. Ha Ha Ha. Save your energies and the planet by not travelling to London.
16
16
On 21 Mar 2017 at 11:52am Emma Bridgnorth wrote:
Buses laid on and leaving from North Street car park
Please be there by 7am for a prompt get away
No set fare but please give what you can
3
14
On 21 Mar 2017 at 12:03pm Millie Tant wrote:
Goodie, I do adore a fun protest march
28
7
On 21 Mar 2017 at 12:05pm The Forum Nutter wrote:
Excellent a free bus to the capital. I may tag along after all and do some shopping.
34
23
On 21 Mar 2017 at 12:09pm wtf ? wrote:
The country voted.
. YOU LOST.
We will leave the EU.
Get over it.
30
15
On 21 Mar 2017 at 12:13pm The Forum Nutter wrote:
Well said. It is basically a march against democracy. plonkers
5
11
On 21 Mar 2017 at 12:16pm Smiler wrote:
@Emma Bridgnorth Can you tell me whoi organised the buses
10
4
On 21 Mar 2017 at 12:17pm Deja Vu wrote:
Hope you can shot loudly Zebedee.
Why don't you march during the week, on a day when the politicians are in Parliament?
17
12
On 21 Mar 2017 at 12:19pm Smiler wrote:
@Nutter
Actually it' more like a march against the Murdoch press, Boris Johnson, Michael Gove, Nigel Farage and all the other lying creeps who deliberately misled the populace for their own self serving ends.
8
8
On 21 Mar 2017 at 12:22pm Kane wrote:
emma, I reckon about 30 of my mats from college will be coming. Is that Ok?
18
24
On 21 Mar 2017 at 12:23pm sam wrote:
I am going, I don't expect it to change anything, but I am desperate to send a compassionate and intelligent message to all those feeling rejected by the decision and to all other countries that think we are all stupid!
27
15
On 21 Mar 2017 at 12:25pm The Forum Nutter wrote:
haha...all other countries are jealous that we had the balls to do it..RULE BRITANNIA
15
2
On 21 Mar 2017 at 12:33pm Tom Pain wrote:
Welcome to the Children's Crusade.
3
15
On 21 Mar 2017 at 12:43pm Britains finest wrote:
TRAITORS!
18
19
On 21 Mar 2017 at 12:47pm Erm.. wrote:
@wtf et al.
There are 65.1 million people in this country of which 46.5 million were allowed to vote in the referendum. Only 33.5 million actually voted, of which only 17.4 million wanted to leave.
OK, the votes were narrowly in favour of leave, a result that we will all have to live with and pay for, but don't insult our intelligence (or your own come to that) by saying things like 'the country' voted to leave, or 'the people' have spoken, because it just isn't the case.
As for getting over it, that isn't going to happen.
12
19
On 21 Mar 2017 at 12:51pm Emma Brignorth wrote:
As a collective of likeminded progressive individuals we've organised three 54 seat coaches for Saturday
It's first come first served I'm afraid so you can't book a seat. So please come early
7
17
On 21 Mar 2017 at 12:52pm ex brit wrote:
well said mr. nutter, no doubt Geldof and j.k. rowling and they're like will support you all! what a set of tossers. GET OVER IT YOU ARE OUT!!! anyone know if rowling took any poor gimmegrants in yet?
9
9
On 21 Mar 2017 at 12:55pm The Forum Nutter wrote:
It's Miss Nutter actually
6
6
On 21 Mar 2017 at 1:04pm Hmmm... wrote:
And well named it seems.
8
9
On 21 Mar 2017 at 1:09pm ex brit wrote:
I stand corrected then miss. will someone be carrying a LEWES banner I wonder? or will they be to ashamed to be recognised on world wide tv? no doubt it will be on the beloved biased bbc. I will be watching from 6000 mls away
8
7
On 21 Mar 2017 at 1:11pm Andymac wrote:
That'll be the protest march that can't decide what it's protesting about (it must be true, it was in the Guardian, link below). I love the bit where the organiser says they've discussed the branding with PR agencies. Great way to get out of that North London middle class bubble and connect with ordinary people!

Check it out here »
7
9
On 21 Mar 2017 at 1:15pm Some bloke wrote:
Putins troll army out again in force I see
12
10
On 21 Mar 2017 at 1:16pm Forum Strutter wrote:
I'm saving my energy for dancing in the street next Wednesday.
12
12
On 21 Mar 2017 at 1:18pm Erm... wrote:
Don't think so Ex Brit. The majority of the world thinks we are mad for leaving, so can't imagine they will think badly of anyone on this march!
Still, you enjoy your foreign holiday, or are you an immigrant? Obviously GB had nothing to tempt you to stay here!
8
16
On 21 Mar 2017 at 1:37pm ex brit wrote:
when and if they ever get rid off all the sponging and begging e.u. and the rest of the scum people! it might be nice to return to the once great country, when it is finally out of Europe. you must love them eh? globalisation is a thing of the past in uk. go to other towns and look see at them, full of rubbish, lets hope may doesn't back down, close your borders. and keep any more out
9
5
On 21 Mar 2017 at 1:38pm England First wrote:
How dare you defy the will of The Folk.
5
8
On 21 Mar 2017 at 1:41pm Hmmm... wrote:
'Globalisation is a thing of the past.' Ha ha ha ha ha ha! You couldn't make it up.
9
11
On 21 Mar 2017 at 1:45pm ex brit wrote:
by the way erm. have you took any gimmys in?? or are you like Geldof and rowling and linekar. all mouth and trousers? just sayin.
9
11
On 21 Mar 2017 at 1:50pm Ex Pat wrote:
The country voted OUT. Democracy rules. Live with it.
But I'm glad I don't have to here in the sun.
7
4
On 21 Mar 2017 at 2:02pm The Forum Nutter wrote:
@Hmmm...you appear to be lacking a sense of humour. You might be more at home in Germany..
9
7
On 21 Mar 2017 at 2:03pm Erm... wrote:
@ex Brit. "Have I took any gimmys in"??! You don't want to live in the UK, and you struggle to use its language. What do you mean? I haven't got any immigrants living in my house, if that's what you mean, but then why would I? It doesn't work like that. Did you go and live in a strangers house with them when you became an immigrant?
And tell me, what was so great about this country before that is going to magically return. Are we going to get the Empire back? Are we going to have another industrial revolution? Are we going to win the World Cup? Or, as I suspect, do you actually have no clue what you are talking about?
4
6
On 21 Mar 2017 at 2:04pm Hmmm... wrote:
@Forum Nutter (Miss). I didn't realise you had made a joke. Where is it?
12
9
On 21 Mar 2017 at 2:08pm Earl wrote:
Apparently I voted Leave because I'm not clever enough and I believed all the stories that the Murdoch press and co printed. It's so nice to know what people really think. Middle class liberals are usually so reasonable, but Brexit has given them open season to scorn the 'lower orders' as 'morons' (their favourite word, it would seem) and assume that they didn't understand the issues. The truth is, there have been lazy arguments on both sides (what happened to the instant economic meltdown that George Osborne threatened?) which have obscured the more important facts. I took my lead from a fellow thicko - Tony Benn - whose argument was based on principles rather than spurious projections about how much better we might or might not be off. I don't like Brexit being managed by Theresa May and co because I know they'll probably balls it up, but I live i hope that one day we'll have a decent opposition that presents a more positive, progressive interpretation of Brexit.
12
12
On 21 Mar 2017 at 2:22pm Zebedee wrote:
As a self-professed intelligent thinking person I'd be very interested to hear of your positive interpretation of Brexit. I assume it goes a bit further than the meaningless soundbites 'Take back control' or 'Brexit means Brexit'. BTW. You don'd have to be middle class or a liberal to think that the EU is generally a force for good and the UK (or England?) diminished outside of it.
15
15
On 21 Mar 2017 at 2:24pm expat 18 wrote:
erm. I hope the coaches can carry on to your beloved E.U. and drop you in Germany or france maybe, oh ! and sorry about my English... I didn't go to your beloved uni. just take this in. you are OUT! no ifs or buts or any amount of protesting is going to change it. bye bye E.U. roll on Wednesday. enjoy the protest while I enjoy my pool and sunshine. oh yes Churchill!!!!! AND try to think about the brits who can't get housing because of all of your eu friends whom you seem to adore. and the nhs that's had it because all and sundry use it. after never paying in. I pay for my medical aid over here. and so should anyone who goes to the uk. not blocking doctors surgerys or hospitals, with bits of colds and coughs. cheers double whiskey going down. (we are 2 hours in front btw
9
9
On 21 Mar 2017 at 3:11pm Erm... wrote:
Oh Dear Expat 18 (ex Brit) You illustrate perfectly why some Remainers think that Brexiters are uneducated morons! You really love your 'great' country, so long as you don't have to live in it, and you hate all immigrants, but are happy to be one yourself (ex pat and immigrant are the same thing, perhaps you didn't realise). Who are you being a burden to? You are a disgrace to your fellow countrymen.
For the record, I haven't mentioned anything about coaches or demonstrations, I have never been to uni, (although that hasn't stopped me speaking English) and I have never noticed my doctor's waiting room, or local A&E's being blocked with sneezing immigrants. Think you have been paying too much attention to that Farage idiot (where is he now eh? He bottled it and now has his head up Trump's backside. Not very British is it?)
@Earl, I am not including people like you in the same category that Expat falls into, and I do appreciate that a lot of leavers had well thought through reasons why they believed it to be the best thing for them. I fully respect that, even if I do disagree with it.
6
4
On 21 Mar 2017 at 3:40pm Bob wrote:
@Erm..maybe it is because you live in Lewes?
16
7
On 21 Mar 2017 at 4:02pm The Forum Nutter wrote:
Some parts of the country are swamped with immigrants. If it happened in Lewes, the middle class liberals on here would soon be complaining.
3
5
On 21 Mar 2017 at 4:10pm Jacek wrote:
Do we have a Polski Sklep in Lewes? No. I wonder why?
4
6
On 21 Mar 2017 at 4:32pm Erm... wrote:
You are right, i do live in Lewes, although have lived in other parts of the country with many more immigrants so I can appreciate that there are places like this. You can't generalise on the whole country based on that though, Just as you couldn't say that Spain is overrun by British immigrants just because places like Benidorm and Alicante are.
12
16
On 21 Mar 2017 at 4:53pm Sam wrote:
Ex pat, you are literally terrifying and argue all the foolish falsities I am afraid of. You have failed to notice there are 60000 EU workers working for the NHS, 42% of these are now planning on leaving, it is already on its knees. Your english like your retarded opinions is so shocking my 4 year old has a better understanding of sentence structure. As for your argument about how us remainers should live in our "beloved Germany or France", well there is a rather obvious issue with that!!!!
6
5
On 21 Mar 2017 at 5:03pm Erm... wrote:
Well said Sam, although it will fall on deaf ears with Ex Pat. I don't suppose he gives a damn about this country or the NHS if he can't even face living here.
3
8
On 21 Mar 2017 at 5:47pm Fraser wrote:
We're doomed.


This thread has reached its limit now
Why not start another one


 

Pells Pond 96:132
Pells Pond

Thanks for the interesting news. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine