Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Refuse bins

On 1 Aug 2018 at 11:49am Duvi wrote:
Has the council ever issued free refuse bins? I've never received one and I'm now being asked to pay £20 or £30 for one. I also have not received a recycling bin. Maybe it's because I live in an isolated part of rural Chailey.
On 1 Aug 2018 at 11:52am Mark wrote:
It always used to be possible to just walk in and ask for a new one. Things must have changed.
On 1 Aug 2018 at 1:21pm Just me wrote:
We got a free recycling bin. The general waste bins have to be bought by yourself. I think the council offer them at discounted rates if you want one

On 1 Aug 2018 at 1:33pm Local wrote:
LDC have never given out bins historically as their lorries don't require them. Recycling bins you should get free of charge though
On 1 Aug 2018 at 1:42pm Mark wrote:
You're right local. It was my food recycling bin that disappeared three weeks running and I had to go in and request new ones. That was free.
On 1 Aug 2018 at 1:53pm Meanwhile in Wealden wrote:
Binz R Free. Tee Hee
On 1 Aug 2018 at 4:08pm Tom wrote:
Whilst changing over to the new Green bins they failed to live mine (live in the centre of Lewes) I rang them up a month later and a week after I had my shiny new bin free of charge (I would've been charged if It was my second one).
My parents, who also live in rural parts of Chailey had their's delivered over a month a go with no issues. - Give them a ring 01273 471600

On 1 Aug 2018 at 4:11pm Eastbourner wrote:
All free in Eastbourne too.
On 1 Aug 2018 at 5:40pm Now theirs a thing...... wrote:
A live bin and Tom's parents phone number ?

On 2 Aug 2018 at 5:51am Refusenik wrote:
Refuse bins recykel every thing, and burn the rest on your barbi

27 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Pells Pond 103:142
Pells Pond

It's hard to decide who is the funniest on here: 'Chicken Licken' Cool Hand Luke or 'Street Fighting Man' Sensible. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams