Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Red socks from Strutt and Parker

On 2 Jan 2016 at 7:02pm Celine wrote:
Anyone else received red socks through the post this morning from Strutt and Parker!
On 2 Jan 2016 at 8:43pm Tristan wrote:
No, but we got red braces !
On 2 Jan 2016 at 10:34pm Taff wrote:
WTF!
On 2 Jan 2016 at 11:16pm Elf wrote:
Yeah, red socks. W indeed TF? We are taking them to a charity shop, as seems wrong to bin them, but why on earth would anyone think that was a good idea? F'ing weird, man.
On 3 Jan 2016 at 4:57am Elf n Safety wrote:
Let's take them to Red Cross. Plastic gloves would be more appropriate.
On 3 Jan 2016 at 10:50am Men's wrote:
And I notice that they think only men buy/sell houses - the socks are size 6-11. I'm going to drop them through S & P's letterbox and I recommend that everyone does
On 3 Jan 2016 at 2:36pm Non feminist wrote:
@mens. Stuff your bra through as well, unless you've already burnt it.
On 3 Jan 2016 at 3:05pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
The average shoe size for UK women is now 6.5, so I think those socks are gender free!
On 3 Jan 2016 at 5:25pm Men's wrote:
@Non feminist, it was only a joke! Good grief. (And ACT is naturally right, but I happen to have small feet.) But please note that I'm sending the sox back to S & P because I think it's crass advertising, not because of any gender bias. Must compose my posts better in future....
On 3 Jan 2016 at 6:28pm jodpers wrote:
Next year we will be sending jodpers as the feedback from the socks was not quite as good as expected. Hopefully they will go down well.
On 3 Jan 2016 at 7:41pm Maker wrote:
Presumably they only send to high value properties as they don't deal with " affordable homes" do they?

On 4 Jan 2016 at 6:01pm Red or Dead wrote:
I usually dislike with a vengeance all the advertising garb that comes through my letter box, but these Red (Labour) Socks were quite a pleasant surprise & they're 70% cotton no less!
One can't go wrong with a pair of socks?
The Strutt & Parker logo is printed where nobody can see it & it will soon wear off.

25 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Mount Caburn 92:132
Mount Caburn

Ram Cock Inn Green Man. Filling! :-x more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell