Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Recorded phone messages!

On 28 Jul 2011 at 6:16pm Guido wrote:
how come I am getting a large amount of recorded phone messages during the day?
If I'm home during the day, I reckon i can get about 5 or 6 during the 8 hour period.
They range from accident compensation to mis-sold loan insurances etc etc.
To be honest I don't use the land line and only have it for the internet and don't give out my number to anyone (mainly as I can never remember it).
is this a common complaint?
How do they all get my number?
Can I stop them?

On 28 Jul 2011 at 7:00pm Local wrote:
Register with the telephone preference service (google tps) this will stop quite a few nuisance Sales calls.

On 28 Jul 2011 at 10:59pm historyman wrote:
I have registered and it doesn't appear to have made any difference.

On 28 Jul 2011 at 11:08pm TeDeum wrote:
Takes a least six months to start working after registration but after that is mostly fine apart from the odd international phone spam...

On 1 Aug 2011 at 12:17am Buzby wrote:
Recently got our phone service with PlusNet - it seems to also comes with about 5 of these calls per week. Never had the same problem before. I take some consolation at being able to shout swear words at the recording down the phone, although I don't think they can hear me...

On 1 Aug 2011 at 12:40pm Southern Queen wrote:
Once you've registered with TPS you can tell callers that it's illegal to make marketing calls to you (which it is). It gets rid of them pretty quickly, I've found. Also, in my experience it doesn't take anything like six months to kick in.

31 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Crest 66:132
Lewes Crest

In the week before lockdown, central government gave local councils several million pounds to enable councils to put all homeless... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine