Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Record & book store

On 24 Mar 2016 at 4:43pm Joe Harvard wrote:
My son was in Lewes & happened to find a record-&-book shop which carried the 33-1/3 series of books [some 120 in all, each about a single album & most written by musicians] & he got the impression it might be possible to arrange an in-store reading there with music. Unfortunately he didn't get the name of the store. I'm interested in trying to find a venue for a book reading, music-&-storytelling appearance & I wonder if somebody knows the store -- or wants to host a VERY entertaining event by an award-winning raconteur/musician?

Check it out here »
On 24 Mar 2016 at 6:05pm Celine wrote:
Si's Sounds on Station Street? Union Music Store on Lansdowne?
On 24 Mar 2016 at 6:26pm In the Know wrote:
Try the Record Bar in Cliffe High Street or Tansley and Cooke up by the castle.
On 24 Mar 2016 at 7:27pm Sussex Jim wrote:
In the know- It's not April 1st. yet.
On 24 Mar 2016 at 8:31pm Guido wrote:
Union records?
On 24 Mar 2016 at 8:43pm joe harvard wrote:
Appreciate the information. Looking forward to visiting the area, it's been a decade or so since my last time there. While I enjoy being a tourist it always seems a waste when I'm so far from home & don't get to share an evening of music & stories with some locals.
On 25 Mar 2016 at 7:52am Observer wrote:
How can someone dislike that last post? What was offensive about it? You bunch of *****
On 25 Mar 2016 at 4:07pm National F***wit wrote:
Coz he's foreign!
On 25 Mar 2016 at 4:40pm Ghost of Maggie wrote:
Just.........never mind that , Mr Harvard has mistaken the Paras for my boys the S A S ." Who Dares Wins" is their motto. "He who dares...wins" is a Del Boy quote as is "Mange tout" and "You plonker, Rodders". I hope Mr Harvard edits his Facebook so we can continue the special relationship that dear Ronald and I cherished.

28 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Station Lewes 119:143
Station Lewes

What happened to my post made last night? Is there a curfew from 11 pm? What are the rules with this forum? Just tell me and... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine