Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think


Lewes Forum New message

Reasons for not vaccinating

4
 
On Mon 3 Jan at 12:23pm Nevillman wrote:
Can anyone here who has decided not to have a vaccination or booster against covid please explain their reason as I am stumped why anyone refuses it. I am also stumped why anyone tries to stop someone else taking it. Any explanation please?
7
 
On Mon 3 Jan at 1:32pm David Stanley wrote:
I am an introvert who doesn't interact with others in real life. I'm not scared of dying.
11
 
On Mon 3 Jan at 1:57pm Green Sleeves wrote:
I'm sure there are many reasons, none of them particularly good. Like wanting to stand out and not go with the masses, they consider this behaviour to be sheep-like. Or perhaps they've read lots of (mis)information on the internet and follow their instincts based on that, rather than yield to experts. Every anti-vaxxer i've met or spoken with has an over-inflated sense of self-worth and intelligence, and think they know best, despite not being remotely qualified on anything other than reaching hard for conspiracy theories.
14
 
On Mon 3 Jan at 2:42pm Dave wrote:
"Every anti-vaxxer i've met or spoken with has an over-inflated sense of self-worth and intelligence, and think they know best" - Blimey! pot, kettle?
Here's a little quiz to entertain you.... bet you dont get 100% first time!!

Check it out here »
6
 
On Mon 3 Jan at 2:47pm Green Sleeves wrote:
I'm not clicking on a trolls link.
9
 
On Mon 3 Jan at 2:53pm Dave wrote:
None so blind as will not see
6
 
On Mon 3 Jan at 3:50pm Green Sleeves wrote:
Ok.
3
 
On Tue 4 Jan at 8:30am Nevillman wrote:
Thank you but I was rather interested in hearing from people who prefer not to have a vaccine themselves green.
4
 
On Tue 4 Jan at 6:07pm Tom Pain wrote:
No one who has ever read this forum would consider answering your question. The interesting thing is- what has prompted it?
3
 
On Tue 4 Jan at 6:51pm Nevillman wrote:
Why do you say noone would answer it when someone already has? The reason I ask it is in my original post. I can't see any reason not to have it and am interested in the reasons people give. Even for someone like yourself who I think is not convinced by the seriousness of covid I would think would think it is a good idea to reduce illness. If I am misrepresenting your views on covid then please correct me.
I am even more interested in that some people seem to be actively trying to stop others from having it. I cannot understand that at all and would like to understand them.
I thought I explained all this in my original post. There really is no ulterior motive.
David's response saddens me a little and prompts further questions that I will not ask.
Dave has sent a questionnaire with the presumed intent of persuading people that it is not as serious as many think. Even if that is true I don't see why it would stop someone having the vaccine. Not many die of polio, smallpox or numerous other diseases but most still vaccinate against them.
2
 
On Tue 4 Jan at 9:22pm Tom Pain wrote:
Well Nev, just about the only reaction I've seen on here to any questioning of the vax line has only been howls of derision and insults and most people are offended by rudeness and vitriolic bigotry and would rather keep a safe distance and diplomatic silence. Never catch the eye of a madman, it's said.
8
 
On Tue 4 Jan at 9:32pm Green Sleeves wrote:
I bet this forum isn't the only place you receive howls of derision and insults about your opinions. Where DO you go to speak freely without being ridiculed? I'm thinking its under a railway bridge somewhere late at night, with a few oil drum fires burning.

 
 
On Tue 4 Jan at 10:03pm Tom Pain wrote:
There's your answer Nev.
5
 
On Wed 5 Jan at 9:21am Nevillman wrote:
Interesting to see that you turn into a snowflake when you want to Tom. Seriously, why do you not want to have the vaccine?
3
 
On Wed 5 Jan at 9:18pm Tom Pain wrote:
Snowflake! In answer- how many times do I have to say it? I've been going on about it for two years and I've turned into a glacier. Robert Malone, one of the inventors of mRNA technology isn't good enough. Kary Mullis, inventor of PCR tests isn't good enough. Mike Yeadon, ex- Pfizer vice pres isn't good enough. Ask me?
2
 
On Wed 5 Jan at 11:10pm Green Sleeves wrote:
Just for some added context.....Robert Malone appeared on a Joe Rogan podcast recently talking about it and spreading further misinformation to undermine his "own invention", an invention that has drastically reduced the covid death rate across the world.

Incidentally, Joe Rogan caught covid a few months back, and got a lot of flack for basically encouraging his massive vaccine-sceptic audience to try all sorts of medications (medications that in America require thousands of dollars to obtain). Ivermectin was one of those drugs. Now Joe Rogan recovered from covid, didn't die and hallelujah for that, but he is playing with peoples lives with his pseudo-science. Most doctors in america won't prescribe any of those medications for covid, Rogan could get them because he is incredibly rich. But why would you bother anyway spending all that money when you can get the vaccine for free, and has a mountain of evidence to support its efficacy and safety.
3
 
On Wed 5 Jan at 11:19pm Green Sleeves wrote:
LOL, i see youtube has removed the Rogan/Robert Malone interview from its platform due to vaccine/covid misinformation. What a surprise. The only issue is that the anti-vaxxers will scream "COVER-UP" and "CANCEL CULTURE", but YT has every right to do that, and if you really must watch the interview, its up on its original Spotify source anyway.

Heres an article about the interview with Malone and Rogan. For any of you who don't know who Joe Rogan is by now, he's a former comedian and commentates in mixed martial arts fights, and a popular podcaster. He's also not really known for being particularly bright.

Watch the video »
2
 
On Thu 6 Jan at 9:10am Nevillman wrote:
Thank you Tom. I don't recall you ever explaining your reasons before and I have never heard of any of these individuals. Presumably they were all key individuals in the development of the vaccine and you do not think they were up to the job. On what is your assessment of them and the vaccine based.
The evidence for the efficacy of the vaccine based on deaths and hospitalisation of vaccinated individuals compared with non vaccinated seems quite clear to me. Do you dispute this evidence?
As I believed other people who told me the vaccine will work, I am getting back to normal life without hiding away in the belief that the vaccine will protect me from the worst ravages of covid if I get it.
Presumably you are still self isolating or running the risk of being more seriously ill. Good luck in either case.
6
 
On Thu 6 Jan at 8:21pm Tom Pain wrote:
No Nev, wrong on every count. They were all up to the mark. If you hadn't been so quick to reject out of hand all my posts you would remember their names and why they were mentioned. And no, I haven't isolated or taken any precautions whatsoever. Why change your life for a complaint that has 99.7% recovery rate and small chance of even catching it in the first place? I see greeny is recommending his method of not going to the source but to some unknown commenter for biased information . Ignoring Malone and badmouthing Rogan is just ridiculous, nobody cares who the interviewer is. It's as pointless as rejecting Einstein's opinions because he was interviewed by the Daily Mail. I haven't seen the interview and with google's censorship and greeny's efforts to obscure the facts I doubt if many will.
 
 
On Thu 6 Jan at 8:35pm Green Sleeves wrote:
LOL, millions have seen the interview, its Joe Rogan for heavens sake. I'm not obscuring the facts, i'm just exposing you for not having any facts, or totally misinterpret anything close to a fact.

Besides, I've responded about Malone on previous discussions we had on this. I'd urge people to look him up and decide for yourself whether he is credible or makes any pertinent points. At least he has been double vaccinated! So he isn't quite as reckless as you....

2
 
On Sat 8 Jan at 9:45pm Tom Pain wrote:
Yes, I vaguely recall you having doubts about Malone and Mullis, well who could blame you being cautious about a couple of know nothings, any fool can get a Nobel prize for science these days and you are the infallible judge of safe pairs of hands. Where was it you got your doctorate in Omniscience, I can't recall at present.
2
 
On Sun 9 Jan at 12:58pm Green Sleeves wrote:
Mullis did indeed get a nobel prize in the early 90s, he also died 6 months before the world even knew about COVID19, and you and your anti-covid cult exploit him and misrepresent what he wrote over 25 years ago about HIV which bear little significance to today and PCR tests. I've linked the fact-check here about the Mullis claims.

Robert Malone is fortunately still alive, so at least he can be asked directly about his views. As I said before, I urge people to look him up themselves rather than take Tom Pains word on it. You don't have to look very far before you start to doubt how credible this one scientist is, who has been billed and self-proclaimed as the inventor of the mRNA vaccine - a claim that does little service and justice to the many other scientists involved in its development. Joe Rogan believes him, as does Tom Pain, but I can spot an opportunist or charlatan a mile away, as can many others.

Check it out here »


15 posts left

Your response


You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms


 

Cliffe Bonfire Society Penny 21:132
Cliffe Bonfire Society Penny

is it me or is it more expensive in the south then the north ,go on ebay or any thing u fancy buying, and the southern people... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The great thing about the Lewes Forum is it's up to date and lively, you don't have to wait a month to get out of date news
Clarissa