Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Re entry not sorted??

On 17 May 2013 at 2:52pm Marcus M wrote:
Just this minute received this in an email directly from GOTR amongst travel arrangements. I thought this had been sorted?

Friday 19th July: 17:00 - 23:00
Saturday 20th July 13:00 - 23:59
RE-ENTRY POLICY
Please bear in mind, there will be absolutely no reentry once onsite (apart from onsite camping) unless there is an emergency, and that it will be at security‚??s discretion.

On 17 May 2013 at 3:19pm belladonna wrote:
Just read latest email re trains and there is nothing on T & C about no reentry.

Mind you I don't think GOTR know what's going on given they are stating there are no trains post 2240. I've just checked and there are bookable/payable trains post that time to London and Brighton on the national rail website - which they link to in their email !

On 17 May 2013 at 8:31pm Nick Luthi wrote:
No readmission has been dropped in T&C on new email. Don't know what you got sent. Odd.
Trains thing is bad though.
Hang on Norman Baker is Transport Minister ffs.
On 17 May 2013 at 10:20pm normal person wrote:
Nick Luthi, Who ever you are, I'm sure that your a really decent bloke, but you are coming across as an absolute prick.
On 17 May 2013 at 10:35pm Belladonna wrote:
Normal person - why on earth would you say that ? Shame on you, just nasty and unnecessary

On 18 May 2013 at 1:49am Nick Luthi wrote:
Fair comment. Trying to be helpful. My email didn't have the same as Marcus M's. And if there are no trains suddenly that weekend, then contact Norman Baker, I guess. Maybe I came across as a prick.
I wrote here because Cllr Page reads and posts here all the time.
But not much point in being here anymore really.
But, yeah, it probably did get a little boring.

On 19 May 2013 at 11:44am Cllr Donna Edmunds wrote:
My SUSPICION is that someone in the GOTR office looked up trains from Lewes to London and discovered that the last direct train to Victoria is at 22.40 as standard. They then wanted to be 'helpful' and sent out an email saying that there are no trains.
I'd be really really surprised if any trains had been cancelled thanks to this gig. Then again, perhaps they don't want 5,000 people all trying to get on the 00.18 Lewes to Brighton train.

On 19 May 2013 at 7:19pm Sighs wrote:
That sounds like a pretty convincing explanation. All about London. Southern might want to clarify though.

29 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Webbo Penny 129:132
Webbo Penny

QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
There are no ordinary moments
Dan