Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Railway Land Festival

On 15 May 2014 at 3:30pm peasant wrote:
anyone know any timings for the railway land festival this weekend? nothing on their website or twitter...
On 15 May 2014 at 3:37pm Tourist Office wrote:
We are doing a fantastic job in our prime location in the high street, aren't we ?
On 15 May 2014 at 3:46pm CLOWSIE wrote:
Gates open at 5pm on Friday, 2pm on Saturday & Sunday I believe. Hope that helps!

On 15 May 2014 at 3:52pm bastian wrote:
Shall I clarify the question, because it's been asked in our house to:
What time are the festival events happening through out the day?
ie, bands on stage etc.
Someone did ask this on an earlier thread but got no reply.
Seriously, does anyone know, perhaps from amoungst the organisers.

On 15 May 2014 at 4:18pm Thomas Jerome Newton wrote:
Because, as we know, medieval times were run to a strict schedule and advertised on social media
I'll be popping along to soak up the atmosphere and check out things in real time, depending on when I get the time
And what is with the regular digs at the tourist office and it's location? Some people.....
On 15 May 2014 at 4:51pm peasant wrote:
@TJN : Duh, why is the festival on Twitter then? Glad you've such a laidback lifestyle you aren't bothered with any timings, not all of us are that lucky. And as it's mainly aimed at young people parents might be interested in how long their kids were going to be out for? "Some people", indeed.
On 15 May 2014 at 5:26pm Thomas Jerome Newton wrote:
No laid backups style here unfortunately
But something I do have control over is a laid back attitude. It would be nice to have timings but it's no big deal. Entirely possible those organising and performing haven't nailed timings down yet
I'm taking two kids along and we will see what we see. That's the main fun of it
On 15 May 2014 at 7:53pm nevillman wrote:
For £10 you are entitled to expect some degree of professionalism in the running of the event.

On 15 May 2014 at 9:09pm Old Cynic wrote:
Funny how the Railway Land has stopped being a nature reserve when it suits the council - mown over the wild flowers and the rabbit warrens and slashed through the nesting bird sites - nice one!
On 15 May 2014 at 9:50pm Constant Reader wrote:
All the weekend's events are detailed on the Viva Lewes website here.

Check it out here »
On 15 May 2014 at 10:06pm Clifford wrote:
Thomas Jerome Newton - a Bowie fan? By the loo of it you'll never have the style.

On 16 May 2014 at 9:23am CLOWSIE wrote:
I did see a poster in the Tourist Info window that had the times of the bands etc. Give them a call.

On 16 May 2014 at 9:35am Festivaler wrote:
Prepare for Battle at 750 - 16th to 18th May 2014, the “Prepare for Battle” festival is taking place on the
Railway Land Nature Reserve, Railway Lane, Lewes.
Live music, Harvey’s Beer Tent, Entertainers, Big Brother style young person’s Medieval Village where 150 young people aged 16 to 21 will be living all weekend experiencing medieval village life, learning medieval traditional skills, taking part in democratic votes involving politicians, media, political commentators and celebrities. All events taking place in the village will be streamed live on the web and to a Democracy Tent on the festival site.
Music stage with live bands playing all weekend, a theatre and dance tent, medieval food outlets, Bar, open fires, Medieval workshops and so much more.
The festival is open to all. It is free entry all weekend to people aged under 25. Costs for over 25’s is £8.00 Friday night, £10 Saturday all day and evening, £10 Sunday all day and evening or £25 for the whole weekend.
Times of Opening
Friday 16th May – 5pm to 11pm
Saturday 17th May – 2pm to 11pm
Sunday 18th May – 2pm to 10pm

On 16 May 2014 at 9:37am Thomas Jerome Newton wrote:
who does, Clifford, who does (although I prefer your typo to mine)
Anyway,I'm not trying to rile anyone, just looking forward to tomorrow and not getting stressed by lack of a timetable.
Day to Day everyone I meet seems happy and friendly, but sometimes on here negativity seems to rule (to my eyes anyway)
So if you see someone with no style at the festival tomorrow, say hello. He may buy you a beer

On 16 May 2014 at 12:36pm Old Cynic wrote:
Even the organisers call it a nature reserve - well its not is it - because habitats have been destroyed to make way for a 'festival' - so bugger the plants, flowers, nesting birds, rabbits, voles, amphibians that live there - makes me SO ANGRY!!

On 16 May 2014 at 2:06pm bastian wrote:
the bands are on at 9.30 tonight, and 8.30 sat and sunday. Happened to take a walk that way this morning and asked on of the people down there.
It is a narure reserve and should be treated like one. Dogs should not be allowed in the brooks they are full of nesting birds and amphibians.

21 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Skate Park 104:132
Skate Park

See the Dr Mike Yeadon video ferret. Unfortunately, no one has called me a gammon, I could do with a good laugh Pancetta,but I... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the fact it's safe enough to leave windows open and shops don't need to put grills up at night.
Maddie