Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Ragged Lands

On 28 Mar 2011 at 2:14pm Roger Tanner wrote:
In her book "Ragged Lands", Mrs Crook thanks Andrew Lusted of Glynde for material from the unpublished diary (diaries actually) of Maud Helby. The diaries are in my possession, and I gave Mr Lusted a transcription of the relevant extracts, and so Mrs Crook‚??s gratitude was somewhat misdirected. Mr Lusted had a number of photographs with a bearing on the narrative ‚?? I particularly remember one of the stoolball team ‚?? and he promised me copies in exchange for the transcription. That was in the mid-90s, and I‚??m still waiting.
Roger Tanner

On 28 Mar 2011 at 7:11pm SHS wrote:
Thanks Roger, clearly Mr Lusted does appear to have forgotten some of the priorities of life but we all have our faults.
I read 'Ragged Lands' when I was a teenager (it was a school set text) and since it was made into a musical (which I saw) now often hum some of the songs. The film version was a bit too violent, although typical Bruce Willis material.

On 28 Mar 2011 at 10:50pm Roger Tanner wrote:
Are you winding me up or have you got the wrong end of the stick? I'm talking about the ladies' school of gardening founded by Viscountess Woseley in Glynde!
Nice hearing from you anyway.
Nite-nite.

On 29 Mar 2011 at 12:26pm TDA wrote:
Does anyone fancy a pint?

33 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Queen clown 99:132
Queen clown

Just noticed. TP started "Quote of the Moment", although it's hard to understand what it's for. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine
Brighton Jobs