Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

RIP OFF INN

On 21 Jun 2011 at 8:48pm STUPID TO CARE wrote:
The most dreadful cynical pub meal I have ever had - slimy waxwork like microwaved shop bought(?) puff pastry', half a dozen limp 'leaves', unprepossessing 'potato salad' - a very small tasteless dollop of potato drowned in something a world away from mayonnaise finished off with
three limp small skinny pieces of over cooked asparagus and a begrudged sprinkle of feta pieces all served on a wooden board. A bargain at £9.50...
Sticky table top, incessant mobile phone ringing from behind the bar and snail like service in an almost empty - am I surprised - pub. Sorry wrong word, just what do you call a place like this. Rip Off Inn comes to mind.
I won't bore you with the imaginative menu description...
First time I've been to the Ram Inn in Firle in years. how dare they! - £9.50 I think for the
privilege. Perhaps the food is meant as a witty parallel to the bland tastefully tasteless interior.
It's all so sad especially in such a beautiful place.

On 21 Jun 2011 at 9:32pm Deelite wrote:
I thought you were taking about the Anchor Inn, Barcombe but it's the Ram at Firle. What a surprise..

On 22 Jun 2011 at 8:26am Rambler wrote:
I haven't been to the Ram for several years now. Always used to be top quality and such a lovely garden for the kids. Something went wrong and the tenants changed but the pub never really recovered,
Complaints should be addressed to Viscount gage.

On 22 Jun 2011 at 8:46am Vesbod wrote:
Thanks for the warning STC !

On 22 Jun 2011 at 10:39am Clifford wrote:
No, I've not been for a few years too - I'm very disappointed to hear this as it should to be a good (if expensive) place.

On 22 Jun 2011 at 11:46am NotVeryGoodReally wrote:
Yes, we had a similar experience a few weeks ago, having been told that the Ram Inn was excellent (it's in Sawday's usually a great sign).
Apparently the chef / owner has changed recently? It was appalling. Poor pub food at restaurant prices.

On 22 Jun 2011 at 1:23pm Bevi wrote:
Has really gone downhill - we used to go regularly. We have had several bad experiences there and food not worth the money - far too over rated. We avoid it now !

On 22 Jun 2011 at 3:57pm Hedley lamarr wrote:
We went into The Ram a couple of weeks ago, saw the depressing colour scheme, what was on peoples plates, the narrow overpriced menu and walked out again! Pity - it was a very nice pub in its day.

29 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Spires 80:132
Lewes Spires

Eddi: Amazon delivered your parcels to us today you've got the wrong address in your account.

Please let me know what you... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an ass of yourself.
Oscar Wilde