Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

RIP OFF INN

On 21 Jun 2011 at 8:48pm STUPID TO CARE wrote:
The most dreadful cynical pub meal I have ever had - slimy waxwork like microwaved shop bought(?) puff pastry', half a dozen limp 'leaves', unprepossessing 'potato salad' - a very small tasteless dollop of potato drowned in something a world away from mayonnaise finished off with
three limp small skinny pieces of over cooked asparagus and a begrudged sprinkle of feta pieces all served on a wooden board. A bargain at £9.50...
Sticky table top, incessant mobile phone ringing from behind the bar and snail like service in an almost empty - am I surprised - pub. Sorry wrong word, just what do you call a place like this. Rip Off Inn comes to mind.
I won't bore you with the imaginative menu description...
First time I've been to the Ram Inn in Firle in years. how dare they! - £9.50 I think for the
privilege. Perhaps the food is meant as a witty parallel to the bland tastefully tasteless interior.
It's all so sad especially in such a beautiful place.

On 21 Jun 2011 at 9:32pm Deelite wrote:
I thought you were taking about the Anchor Inn, Barcombe but it's the Ram at Firle. What a surprise..

On 22 Jun 2011 at 8:26am Rambler wrote:
I haven't been to the Ram for several years now. Always used to be top quality and such a lovely garden for the kids. Something went wrong and the tenants changed but the pub never really recovered,
Complaints should be addressed to Viscount gage.

On 22 Jun 2011 at 8:46am Vesbod wrote:
Thanks for the warning STC !

On 22 Jun 2011 at 10:39am Clifford wrote:
No, I've not been for a few years too - I'm very disappointed to hear this as it should to be a good (if expensive) place.

On 22 Jun 2011 at 11:46am NotVeryGoodReally wrote:
Yes, we had a similar experience a few weeks ago, having been told that the Ram Inn was excellent (it's in Sawday's usually a great sign).
Apparently the chef / owner has changed recently? It was appalling. Poor pub food at restaurant prices.

On 22 Jun 2011 at 1:23pm Bevi wrote:
Has really gone downhill - we used to go regularly. We have had several bad experiences there and food not worth the money - far too over rated. We avoid it now !

On 22 Jun 2011 at 3:57pm Hedley lamarr wrote:
We went into The Ram a couple of weeks ago, saw the depressing colour scheme, what was on peoples plates, the narrow overpriced menu and walked out again! Pity - it was a very nice pub in its day.

29 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Kingston Windmill 51:132
Kingston Windmill

He runs this country in the current vacuum of effective leadership. It's a disastrous time for it to happen. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell