Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

RIP Lemmy

On 29 Dec 2015 at 10:22am Metatron wrote:
RIP Lemmy Kilmister died today @70 Two days after diagnosis with Cancer.

On 29 Dec 2015 at 11:22am Greaser wrote:
Motorhead, they sure could bang out a tune. Lemmy will be rocking it out on the other side now.
On 29 Dec 2015 at 11:52am David Kemp wrote:
I worked with him and Philthy Animal (RIP as well) and Fast Eddie many years ago when I was an aspiring recording engineer in Roundhouse Recording Studios whilst they were mixing the Ace of Spades album. What struck me then was how unlike their image they all were, much the same as Siouxsie Soux, they were lovely people with great heart. I'm amazed Lemmy lasted so long to be honest, on his diet of various substances. RIP indeed.
On 29 Dec 2015 at 11:58am PN wrote:
I saw Motorhead twice when they came to St Albans Civic in the 70s . They were supported by Girls school and had the classic line up of Filthy Animal Taylor and Fast Eddie Clark.
They were yet to record Bomber at the time and had just released that white Album .
The first track they played was Louie Louie ( oh babe ) we gotta go Ai yai yai yai - I`m not much of a rock fan nowadsays by try litsening to this withjout shaking your head . Sounded great then and it still does.
He was an idiot but also a genius

Watch the video »
On 29 Dec 2015 at 12:04pm PN wrote:
Ahem ..David are you the same bloke that came and fixed my computer ?
On 29 Dec 2015 at 12:10pm David Kemp wrote:
Yes Paul. I seem to remember it was a piece of chocolate stuck in the printer last time!
On 29 Dec 2015 at 1:45pm Soul boy wrote:
It's sad when anyone passes on. Condolences to family and friends of course.
But his so called music was just an ear splitting noise. Rubbish. Unlistenable garbage.
On 29 Dec 2015 at 1:46pm David Kemp wrote:
Sorry, Lemmy's death has brought me back to my misspent youth - Girlschool 'Play Dirty' - there I am credited as Dave mind the steps after falling and breaking my nose after a misjudged pint before work... Another lovely bunch of people to work with - produced by Noddy Holder and Jim Lea (who played most of the bass guitar on the album though not credited).
On 29 Dec 2015 at 2:02pm Streeter wrote:
@soul boy - are you PN in another guise? Why on earth do you think your preferred music is the only type that should be enjoyed and listened to? The words ; 'Bigoted' 'Tory' 'Blinkered' 'Narrow-minded' 'Idiot' spring immediately to mind.
On 29 Dec 2015 at 2:05pm Soul boy wrote:
Just my opinion. I'm allowed to express an opinion on here aren't I? If you liked his work then great. I didn't and am just stating that fact. Get a life.
On 29 Dec 2015 at 2:10pm Streeter wrote:
Well, I don't particularly like his 'work', but I am just expressing an opinion that you appear to be a bigot. Live and let live eh?
On 29 Dec 2015 at 2:37pm Lopster wrote:
Is an obit/tribute thread the most appropriate place to say that you didn't like someone's work?
No, I didn't think you would say it was
Show some respect
Lemmy, legend, loved Motörhead live every time I saw them RIP
On 29 Dec 2015 at 2:43pm Streeter wrote:
No, I don't like his work but I regret his passing. I don't think this is inappropriate. Lopster and Soul Boy as one?
On 29 Dec 2015 at 3:39pm Soul boy wrote:
Rubbish. I will express my opinion if I like. You don't like it? Tough.
On 29 Dec 2015 at 3:43pm Rookie wrote:
Caution. Do not feed the trolls.
On 29 Dec 2015 at 6:27pm Tipex wrote:
I agree Lopster. An obit / tribute thread is for those who appreciate the person, even if not their work. Those that don't needn't do anything other than pass on by. Lemmy made the world a bit bigger and a bit louder. RIP.
On 29 Dec 2015 at 6:58pm Streeter wrote:
Thankyou Rookie, I was getting drawn in there by the likes of 'Tipex' 'Lopster' and 'Soul boy' Enough. RIP Ian Kilmister. Thankyou also David Kemp.
On 29 Dec 2015 at 9:21pm Onlooker wrote:
Streeter - why are Lopster and tipex trolls because they want to keep this focused on the title? You were the first post trying to make this a negative thread! Soul boy offered condolences while commenting that he didn't appreciate the music. That's all.
On 29 Dec 2015 at 10:54pm Streeter wrote:
Yawn.. Going to bed now...

On 30 Dec 2015 at 2:10pm Born2LoseLive2Win wrote:
Lemmy didn't give a sh!t what you thought of him lol. RIP to someone part of my life for nearly 40 years and thank you for the great times and deafness :-)

On 31 Dec 2015 at 7:00am Cuban Raft Rider wrote:
Born to lose, live to win
Lemmy

16 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

extinction rebellion lewes 36:132
extinction rebellion lewes

Does the Ellie still show football? Walked past recently and they didn't seem to be showing any. Wanted to see BHA possibly go... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams