Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

RAF wasting our money

On 27 Sep 2015 at 2:37pm Red wrote:
According to the BBC the RAF have carried out 300 air strikes on ISIS using missiles costing between £20,000 and £100,000 and they've only managed to kill 330 ISIS soldiers, so averaging that out and not including the cost of maintaining and buying the plane etc that means it costs us over £54,000 to take out one enemy troop.
WTF!
On 27 Sep 2015 at 2:47pm arsed monkey wrote:
and was WW11 worth the cost ?
On 27 Sep 2015 at 3:29pm Vlad wrote:
Don't worry, the Russians are sorting it out. They still have an airforce and care little for collateral damage. The RAF won't risk a clash so that's probably the end of British action there. But, thanks to Biggles my Raytheon shares have risen again so it's all good.
On 29 Sep 2015 at 7:35am Earl of Lewes wrote:
@Red It's not the poor old RAF - they just do what the politicians tell them to do. But if your figures are correct, it's ridiculous. I know a bloke at the Crown who'd do it for 500 quid.

But on a serious note, perhaps it's time for an international coalition - including Russia - to put troops on the ground and try the 'surge' approach. ISIS seem more powerful than they are. I'm not suggesting it's the answer, but it's the best option of a bad lot.

33 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Clouds 65:132
Lewes Clouds

P.S. this is becoming a habit but what the hell? You may need a little help so may I refer you to you tube~ Richard Werner the... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The great thing about the Lewes Forum is it's up to date and lively, you don't have to wait a month to get out of date news
Clarissa