Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Quiz Night 12 April

On 31 Mar 2013 at 5:49pm LFC Supporters Club wrote:
Not withstanding the expected tedious response from this forum's resident grumpy Seagull, just wanted to let everyone know that there'll be the latest Lewes FC Quiz Night in the Rook Inn on Friday 12 April.
Teams of up to 4 @ £10 admission per team; cash prizes; affordable drinks including Harvey's Best; hot food available for those coming straight from work.
The other Nights this season have been well-supported and great fun, and have helped raise very valuable funds for Lewes' Community Football Club.
All welcome!
Cheers

On 31 Mar 2013 at 9:26pm ? wrote:
What time?

On 31 Mar 2013 at 10:22pm Rookie wrote:
7.30 pm

On 31 Mar 2013 at 10:48pm lFC Supporters Club wrote:
Apologies. Quiz starts at 7.30, but the bar's open from 6.30.
Cheers.

On 1 Apr 2013 at 6:51pm Seagull wrote:
Good luck with your fundraiser but you are flogging a dead horse. No one cares a bit

On 1 Apr 2013 at 6:54pm wrote:
What a pleasant, lovely and supportive post. NOT!!! Again, so many pillocks, so few registery-required forums.

On 1 Apr 2013 at 7:01pm Not a lot of hope wrote:
Why do you rise to the bait , it's just sport for bin ,

On 2 Apr 2013 at 12:28pm LFC Supporters Club wrote:
Well, I was right in one way (seagull), but WRONG in another! It's actually just £6 per team, not £10, so even more incentive to come along for a great evening's fun.

On 2 Apr 2013 at 7:50pm Local wrote:
I went along to a couple of earlier quizzes run down there. Both very good - surprised me a bit, to be honest. The bar can be a bit of a shambles on game days, but all ran very well and the food was good too. How about a Forum team - should be a laugh getting 4 people from here to agree on anything!

On 3 Apr 2013 at 8:52pm young and smart wrote:
Yep, we're going to it. More fun than the pub quiz's around the town. Good cause, tho not sure they raise much at them.

On 5 Apr 2013 at 2:20pm Local wrote:
Sounds good. Didn't know they ran quizzes there - I see the football posters in pubs etc, but never any for the quizzes.

On 5 Apr 2013 at 2:23pm Local wrote:
Ahh, I see there is info on the LFC website if anyone's interested.

On 5 Apr 2013 at 2:56pm Local wrote:
Can you please post as Local2 or something!
Signed,
The Original Local

24 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

The Potting Shed Lewes 122:132
The Potting Shed Lewes

The idea, of course, is that the influx of skilled migrants from Asia will displace lazy Brits from their comfortable white... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell