Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think


Lewes Forum New message

Question Time

19
16
On 19 Jan 2019 at 9:51am Mark wrote:
Oh dear... Another broadcasting institution down the pan. After decades of dignified and impartial hosts we see Fiona Bruce actually sneering at Diane Abbott while telling her that The Labour Party wouldn't win a general election.
26
21
On 19 Jan 2019 at 10:22am Metatron wrote:
Mark, Fiona Bruce was right to call her out, perhaps you didn't notice the Diane Abbot 'car crash' happening in front of your eyes.
It was carnage, if she is a senior spokesperson for the Labour Party then they are going to be in the wilderness a lot longer than Moses.
17
24
On 19 Jan 2019 at 11:21am Green Sleeves wrote:
The contempt towards Diane Abbott in that studio/room was palpable, and frankly bizarre. Fiona Bruce didn't "call her out", she at best, misled or was misinformed about Labour being 6 points behind in the polls, or more realistically was just lying, to make Abbott look foolish - the cured pork complexion hyenas in the audience couldn't contain themselves and lapped it up It was nauseating, but also demonstrated how monumentally stupid and obtuse many people are.

That should have been called out, and it was a pity there were no experts (although apparently many of us have "had enough of experts") on the panel to refute such an in-factual claim to defend Labour/Abbott. Yes, its a pity that Abbott herself was not able to be confident and/or informed enough to dispute it and turn it back on Bruce, but surely in the aftermath and that it remains a false claim, that the criticism should be mainly leveled on the impartiality of Fiona Bruce who clearly whipped up further resentment and play to the gallery. No apology will be offered, and the damage has been done, with gammons once again not learning the facts and continuing their disproportionately irrational hatred of Abbott.
13
16
On 19 Jan 2019 at 12:20pm HAmid Barr wrote:
"the cured pork complexion hyenas in the audience couldn't contain themselves and lapped it up It was nauseating, but also demonstrated how monumentally stupid and obtuse many people are. "
Pedro accusing others of hatred.
Laughable in it's pomposity and hypocrisy.
PS "gammon" an expression coined by the petty bourgeoisie to denigrate the working classes they despise
18
18
On 19 Jan 2019 at 12:37pm Green Sleeves wrote:
My "hate" and contempt, stems more from the disbelief that people could be so irrational and hate-filled, which are "gammon"-types. Their hatred is irrational and based on stereotypes, lies, ignorance and misconceptions. Where as my hate is at least directed towards those that just hate - a far more logical position, and its not even hate from me, its pity that their minds are so polluted by such misinformation and ignorance.

Still, I noticed you made NO effort to remark on my main point of fact that Fiona Bruce was applauded by a hostile audience for something that was provably false.
16
16
On 19 Jan 2019 at 12:49pm HAmid Barr wrote:
Explain to us what Fiona Bruce said that was provably false. If you mean the 6 point lead the Tories have over Labour perhaps you should check again.

What an arrogant little excuse for a man you are
16
12
On 19 Jan 2019 at 1:12pm Green Sleeves wrote:
Diane Abbott was far closer to the mark (the irony, given the abuse she recieves about grasping numbers) when she said that Labour and Tories were level-pegging in the polls. 3 of the last 4 polls in fact have shown Labour with a lead. Its therefore disingenuous of the QT chair to suggest, presumably based on one poll, that Labour are 6 points behind, and make a big deal out of it just to get the anti-Abbott/Labour audience frothing at the mouth.

Last Survation Poll: Lab 41%, Cons 38%.
Last Kantar Poll: Lab 38%, Cons 35%
Last YouGov Poll: Lab 34%, Cons 39%
Last ComRes Poll: Lab 39%, Cons 34%
16
18
On 19 Jan 2019 at 1:26pm HAmid Barr wrote:
A number of polls have given the Tories a 6 point lead over Labour including one published days ago. Not that I would give much credence to any polls especially those from the Guardian and Independent whose polls are a sort of preaching to the converted.
You said Fiona Bruce made a provably untrue statement when it clearly isn't provably untrue unless of course you\re being selective with your polls heaven forbid someone so clever as you would so such a thing, So you've proved nothing. You've been watching your hero Owen Jones too much - all bluster and motor mouth but no substance.
Enjoy your day on here talking to yourself.
12
18
On 19 Jan 2019 at 1:35pm Green Sleeves wrote:
Typical of a right-winger to storm out of an argument when they are unable to accept the premise of my challenge. Fiona Bruce was demonstrably misleading at best, or worse lying, about Labour and Tories gap in the polls (and with such conviction and doubling down on it), and the reaction from the studio audience show the palpable and irrational hatred towards a politician who receives the most vile abuse, including racist abuse, death threats of any MP in living memory.

It doesn't surprise me that you would bring Owen Jones into the argument either, another figure of hate by gammons.....no shock that many of these figures of hate and derision on the left are part of some sort of minority (LGBT in Owens case, black woman for Abbott). Suppose you dislike Sadiq Khan as well?
12
10
On 19 Jan 2019 at 1:50pm Mark wrote:
Hamid... It's nothing to do with class. It's to do with who's daft and who isn't.
2
10
On 19 Jan 2019 at 3:08pm Clifford wrote:
I thought it was generally accepted that there is a BBC orthodoxy - socially liberal, economically conservative. Anything outside this area - akin to the SDP of the 1980s - whether left or right is fair game to BBC mouthpieces.
14
10
On 19 Jan 2019 at 3:46pm Mark wrote:
Hey Hamid... Speaking of polls... I forgot to mention that Yougov are now finding that there's a 12% margin in people favouring remaining in the EU. If Brexit goes ahead it will actually be against the will of the majority.
21
6
On 19 Jan 2019 at 5:16pm Hyena wrote:
People have contempt for DA, because sheís condescending and a hypocrite not because sheís black.
8
13
On 19 Jan 2019 at 5:38pm Green Sleeves wrote:
@hyena, you may have that opinion of her, however the relentless racist abuse she receives (which Theresa May has condemned) would suggest her ethnicity does at least come into quite a few people's minds when judging her.

I also find it hard to believe she is the only condescending hypocrite in politics. Yet she sure seems to get abused disproportionately....
8
10
On 19 Jan 2019 at 5:46pm Hyena wrote:
No more than some Jewish female MPís.
5
6
On 19 Jan 2019 at 6:51pm Green Sleeves wrote:
Amnesty International reported that Diane Abbott received 45% of all abusive tweets sent to female MPs in the 6 weeks in the run-up to the 2017 general election.

Any abuse directed towards any MP based on their ethnicity, religion, skin colour or sexual preference etc is appalling and should indeed be addressed, but there is no doubt that Abbott gets far more hate/abuse than anyone else in parliament - male or female.
2
7
On 19 Jan 2019 at 7:02pm Hyena wrote:
Iíd be interested to see what the figures were for June-Dec last year. Rather different I suspect.
6
5
On 19 Jan 2019 at 7:18pm Green Sleeves wrote:
Why June to December 2018? What do you expect to see thats any different? And why do you never have any figures or facts to support your suspicions/claims? (seems rather convenient) Perhaps you can find some data and we can have an actual discussion based on reality.
8
9
On 19 Jan 2019 at 7:44pm Hyena wrote:
Thats when JC did nothing about the anti Semitism in his party. Thatís also when DA was shall we say less visible.When Iíve some time I will dig up some info for you and we can resume. That do you?
9
10
On 19 Jan 2019 at 7:56pm Green Sleeves wrote:
@hyena, ok i'll be patient and wait for you do your best to try and smear the Labour Party with right-wing media-driven, hypocritical antisemitism (and wildly inaccurate) claims against them that are debunked time and time again. Given its baseless, I won't hold my breath, but I'll give a polite reminder the next time I see you posting something else thats a trite political dig at the opposition party
7
7
On 19 Jan 2019 at 8:05pm Hyena wrote:
I wouldnít make assumptions about my political persuasion without any evidence to support it.
By the way , whats the difference between calling someone a gammon or a snowflake?
12
8
On 19 Jan 2019 at 8:26pm Green Sleeves wrote:
When you start parroting/insinuating RW propaganda smears, and have made snide remarks about liberals/progressives over the years, and yet never seem to criticise the likes of Hamid Barr.....i think some assumptions can be safely made. Perhaps you are the type to consider yourself a moderate.....they often do....

Gammon was coined by lefties to describe puffy pink-faced, angry, shouty brexiteers who say stuff like "will of the people" and "take back control" on BBC QT. "Snowflake" seems to just refer to anyone who is easily offended or outraged, which applies to those of all political views. I've heard liberals and conservatives use it. Therefore you could call someone a snowflake-gammon quite legitimately, as gammons spend most of their time outraged about something they've read on Breitbart or the Daily Diana.
2
10
On 19 Jan 2019 at 8:43pm Hyena wrote:
Iíll make snide remarks about anyone . Hamid Barr is the RW equivalent of you, I suspect thatís why you love him.
10
5
On 19 Jan 2019 at 9:19pm Green Sleeves wrote:
By his equivalent, I'll take that to being his total opposite then! Which is true, and very grateful to be so!
6
9
On 20 Jan 2019 at 4:07pm David Stanley wrote:
Luckily no one in Lewes gives a toss what either of you two Muppets think....
1
6
On 20 Jan 2019 at 5:02pm Hyena wrote:
Yeah cheers for that Dave, can I be the one that lived in the dustbin.
2
2
On 20 Jan 2019 at 7:00pm Tom Pain wrote:
I've always disliked Question Time and recently saw a video which pinpointed the cause-- the phoney bone of contention. The question-- " should the chancellor of the Exchequer borrow more money or pay back the deficit, ie introduce austerity? You have a choice between two options, neither of which offer a solution to the problem and that sums up Q.T. The question should be perhaps--"why do we continue using such a useless economic system in which all money is issued as debt and if it was paid off there would be no money?" The answer would be " Well, then the 1% wouldn't own 99% of the wealth" So you see they can't ask any meaningful questions,can they?
3
2
On 21 Jan 2019 at 11:26am Clifford wrote:
Just to add to what you've said Tom Pain, Oxfam: 'The growing concentration of the worldís wealth has been highlighted by a report showing that the 26 richest billionaires own as many assets as the 3.8 billion people who make up the poorest half of the planetís population.' Totally absurd situation.
3
2
On 21 Jan 2019 at 4:23pm Hamid Barr wrote:
@Mark - haven't a clue why you're bringing up a poll of a fraction of UK voters.
There was a poll called a National Referendum which attracted the biggest turnout of voters ever known in the UK. Perhaps you missed it. Too busy painting your nails?
2
3
On 21 Jan 2019 at 4:38pm Hamid Barr wrote:
@Pedro/Green Sleeves/all your other aliases - hope your feet not hurting too much from all that stamping. Didn't storm anywhere just ambled off out to watch Lewes Town ( it's called having a life) far more entertaining that sitting on this forum all day as you do.
No I don't like Sadiq Khan. Neither do I like Theresa May, Dawn Butler. Diane Abbott, Emily Thornberry, Dominic Grieve, Nick Clegg, Vince Cable, Graham Norton, Simon Cowell, Ant and Dec and Gary Lineker amongst others. I certainly don't like Corbyn. McDonnell and Milne and I like even less their friends in Hamas, Hezbollah and the IRA.
On the other hand I do like Kate Hoey, Frank Field, John Mann, Rees Mogg, David Davies, Maria Caulfield, Nadine Dorries. Najim Abdou, Majid Nawez, Bhadra Bassan. Rod LIddle and Douglas Murray amongst many others.
Have a trawl through that and find some mud to sling - its what you're best at.
As always, whatever you say will have all the impact of a mouse farting three streets away.
1
2
On 21 Jan 2019 at 4:42pm bored2 wrote:
Given the usual inability of question time to fact check in real time it's pretty poor that Fiona Bruce get so insistent on something like this?

The amount of outright lies told on there is ridiculous. It no longer really qualifies as a impartial show as they can't challenge the right or left in real time.
4
1
On 21 Jan 2019 at 7:12pm Hello wrote:
The most recent poll gives the Tories a 6 point lead over Labour. This is a fact. Fiona Bruce simply quoted the most recent poll information. Nothing wrong or untrue yet posters on here accuse her of lying.
1
3
On 22 Jan 2019 at 6:09pm Green Sleeves wrote:
@hamid Barr, mud slinging? Didn't you just spend most of that post slinging mud?

But fair enough, I can see why you are the way you are if you consider some of those people informative or even likeable. Surprised you didn't say Donald Trump. I guess you are only focused on Brexit. You're going to be so disappointed....
1
1
On 22 Jan 2019 at 6:37pm Hyena wrote:
Jimmy Abdou and Rod Liddle . Are you Wall?
5
1
On 22 Jan 2019 at 6:54pm Hamid Barr wrote:
@Hyena you'll have to work that out for yourself.
@Green Sleeves/Pedro/etc/etc I advise you try and get a life. You spend far too much time exciting yourself on here.
 
6
On 22 Jan 2019 at 7:21pm Green Sleeves wrote:
@hbarr, I think the last person I'd take advice from is an alt-right, gammon, incel, knucklehead like you. You are the perfect example of the self centred, obnoxious gorillas in "Planet of the Apes".
3
3
On 22 Jan 2019 at 7:32pm Oh Dear wrote:
What a spiteful person you are Green Sleeves. Have you got anger issues or relationship problems?


This thread has reached its limit now
Why not start another one


 

South Downs Way 106:132
South Downs Way

@Dreamer Perhaps the answer to your question why does TP trot out the same old rubbish, repeatedly, without the slightest... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like BONFIRE NIGHT, and of course all the out-meetings which go on around this time - and the loud bang at the crack of dawn!
Jojo