Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Question

On 7 Jul 2010 at 1:04am Raoul Moat wrote:
Anyone know when the new police station is going to open?

On 7 Jul 2010 at 9:43am Doughnut eater wrote:
When its built

On 7 Jul 2010 at 9:58am Clifford wrote:
So far the place looks like the reception building at a large holiday camp. I assume there is a luxurious canteen and bar on the premises.

On 7 Jul 2010 at 11:33am Hells Belle wrote:
What a complete eyesore, as for a luxury canteen and bar, I doubt that very much, staff are not provided for like that anymore. Gone are those days!

On 7 Jul 2010 at 12:05pm Down and Out wrote:
I was going to start a thread about how completely execrable this new building is, but I might as well say it here instead:
- Absolutely no sense of civic gravitas;
- Lame noughties architectural cliches: bit of white render, bit of cedar, battleship grey windows;
- Windows completely out-of-scale with the street;
- Wacky shape-making, to zero architectural effect.
I hate it. A colleague of mine was talking to the bloke who designed it and he's very proud apparently. How depressing.
What's even worse: what will happen to the tradition of the CSBS archbishop hurling abuse at Plod when he gives his address on the 5th??

On 7 Jul 2010 at 12:38pm Clifford wrote:
Down and Out - Exactly. It puts me in mind of that awful 'sustainable' house on the way to the station. Same architect?

On 7 Jul 2010 at 2:33pm Extra wrote:
I've never understood why they didn't just keep the wonderful facade of the Henry Card 1884 building in West Street and just build behind it. It was a great building with a great history in the ideal location.

On 7 Jul 2010 at 7:16pm Misery wrote:
I'm sure it will be nice and comfy inside! Lets be faie Plod does have to have somewhere nice to hide whilst waiting for his shift to finish

On 7 Jul 2010 at 7:18pm Misery wrote:
Hmmm..sorry see above faie does actually mean FAIR, I think I may be trying to invent a new word but failed

On 8 Jul 2010 at 8:49am 'ere be monsters wrote:
Better than using a word like execrable.

On 8 Jul 2010 at 1:00pm Gloria mundi wrote:
Down and Out, I agree completely. Another appalling building in the conservation area. How do they get through the net?

On 8 Jul 2010 at 2:28pm Down and Out wrote:
Clifford - it was designed, I understand, by a company called Parsons Brinckerhoff, who are a massive worldwide engineering and project managing consultancy with a very small architects department. They design amazing sewers, railway tunnels and motorway junctions across the world. And rubbish police stations in small towns in Sussex.

On 12 Jul 2010 at 5:18pm not from around here wrote:
Where is this building?

24 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

heading for extinction 43:132
heading for extinction

@sleeveless, I suspect your threshold for "evidence" is considerably less when it comes to smearing someone like Jeremy Corbyn or... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone
Nancy