Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Quadrophenia tonight ar 11.55 on ITV 4.

On 16 Aug 2011 at 10:05pm Film Buff. wrote:
Quadrophenia (1979)
The life of a rebellious teenager in Sixties London is changed for ever after he and his fellow mods clash with rockers on Brighton beach. Drama, starring Phil Daniels, Leslie Ash, Sting, Toyah Willcox, Mark Wingett, Michael Elphick and Ray Winstone. With a soundtrack by the Who.Quadrophenia (1979)
A bit late I know but a goodie.
Spot the young stars !!

On 16 Aug 2011 at 10:40pm Rookie wrote:
Great film, but this ITV version has been cut to ribbons by the censors.

On 17 Aug 2011 at 8:03am DFL wrote:
Film is very dated isn't it ?

On 17 Aug 2011 at 8:26am Barry Norman wrote:
Of course. It's supposed to be 1965! derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

On 17 Aug 2011 at 10:18am DFL wrote:
No, the filming, not the story. The quality of technology used at the time is below par and hence gives it a bit of a "amateur" feel - I liked the film !! Same is true for my favourite series Centennial - but I understand that they're releasing a "cleaned up" DVD shortly....

On 18 Aug 2011 at 12:26am IMEYOU wrote:
"DFL" dated perhaps but forever timeless !

On 18 Aug 2011 at 12:34am Rookie wrote:
One of my all time favourites. I have the dvd and it includes the usual "making of" documentary which is quite good as the director shows you around the filming locations as they are today and how they shot the riot scenes.

On 27 Aug 2011 at 9:47pm Peter Von Byron wrote:
Memories, who thought Sting would go onto such great things? Not me for sure, thought he was a tw.t in the film. Loved the film though, a real classic that one. Best, peter.

29 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Cliffe Bonfire Society Penny 21:132
Cliffe Bonfire Society Penny

Actually, I would like to add to what I have written above. I understand your concerns about medical marijuana, especially if you... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The Lewes Forum is one of the many great things about Lewes
Nina