Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Puppy Farm in Wealden

On 30 Dec 2011 at 10:48am Andaxi wrote:
I note in this weeks Sussex Express that the Wealden Council and RSPCA have visited an illegal puppy farm operating in their area.
Could this be Tin Farm in Heathfield again? The sooner these types of operation are closed down the better as they flout the rules and are using dogs to create wealth..........no love of animals involved.
On 30 Dec 2011 at 9:59pm Amanda wrote:
Might be as they have been selling pups in the past.
Wealden Council should get out more and see what's going on in their patch and put a block on some of the illegal farm practices!
On 31 Dec 2011 at 8:26am m wrote:
puppy farming may be illegal but nothing stops any chav, dick or harry from continually breeding staffs, minture lapdogs and the suchlike at home and selling them on, for an alleged nation of animal lovers we stand by while unregulated breeding goes on, as does abandonment when the animal is no longer wanted, all animal rescue centres are overwhelmed at the moment and brighton city council have animal housed in crates up in burgess hill as they are out of space, still all the time there is a mug who will pay hundreds of pounds for a puppy there will be exploiters of animals to supply demand.
oh and did anyone hear the story about RSPCA trying to rehome tens of thousands of battery hens, unwanted because of the new rules as of tomorrow increasing cage space?

On 31 Dec 2011 at 3:44pm mrs dot wrote:
my daughter got a puppy 2 weeks before christmas it was bought as a jack /yorkie she has taken him to vets and been told that is not his cross we are not sure where he came from as the people met her in hastings they came from heathfield wondered if you had a no or address for tin farm thank you

On 31 Dec 2011 at 5:46pm jonnyboy wrote:
Found this advert in the Friday Ad.
Yorkie x jack, Yorkie x jack, black and tan, tiny boys and girls, ready now , Both, 0-8 weeks, Black and tan, £130.00, Heathfield, 07042693653 . Hope this helps.
On 31 Dec 2011 at 8:07pm jrsussex wrote:
I hope jonnyboy's advice does assist you in sorting your problem out and that it is resolved to your satisfaction. That said what on earth possessed you to purchase a puppy without viewing where the animal came from, its parents and so on? As a very responsible ex-breeder of German Short Haired pointers I have to say, and I do not wish to be rude to you, that I would not have sold a pup to anyone who was willing to buy without seeing me, the kennels and the mother of the pup. That demonstrates the willingness of the person to take on the responsibility of a pup and allows the seller yo judge you the buyer. If nothing else let's hope you misfortune has taught others what not to do when thinking of purchasing a pup.
On 1 Jan 2012 at 2:22am stevied wrote:
We bought a puppy from a breeder a couple of months ago - she vetted us as potential owners as much as we vetted her as a breeder. Despite being first-time dog owners, we wouldn't have had it any other way...

30 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Clouds 65:132
Lewes Clouds

Ian Duncan Moron more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the fact it's safe enough to leave windows open and shops don't need to put grills up at night.
Maddie