Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Pubs showing Euro 2016 games

On 6 Jun 2016 at 7:08am David wrote:
My son has recently turned 18 so I would like to take him to watch his first Euro game in a pub with a pint.
What pubs are showing at the least the England games and where would you recommend?
Thanks
On 6 Jun 2016 at 7:21am Gerty wrote:
The Ellie normally does, and has a great atmosphere and good bar staff. Otherwise the Brewers. Happy were the days the Pelham was a decent community boozer showing games on a little portable TV.
On 6 Jun 2016 at 8:37am Castle Gate wrote:
I, too, would go to the Elly. Can't beat an Ellyburger!
On 6 Jun 2016 at 9:53am Slim Jim wrote:
OP asked about the beer and football. Not the offal sandwich O' Glutinous Gate
On 6 Jun 2016 at 10:05am Lewes Working Men's Club wrote:
We will be showing all the England Games. We have two screens, one Big one Small. Saturdays game v Russia, we will be cooking Burgers and Hot Dogs on our BBQ. We will also have a drinks promo where a pint of Staropramen, and Hoggs Back Traditional English Ale will be a lower price during the match. Please drink responsibly, and enjoy the match.
On 6 Jun 2016 at 12:11pm Oik wrote:
Then smash the place to bits when we lose , Bring on the RWC. Proper gents game
On 6 Jun 2016 at 1:04pm Lansdown Arma wrote:
The Lansdown will be showing all games, great atmosphere and people of all ages!
On 6 Jun 2016 at 4:03pm huw wrote:
I think that the Volunteer, Working Men's Club,Gardeners, Royal Oak, Lansdown, Brewers, Black Horse, Tally Ho & Elephant and Castle will be showing the games. The JHT always used to but I don't know what their set up is now.
We (the Elly) will show all matches and open upstairs with big HD screen and bar for the England matches.
If I've missed any venues out I'm very sorry.
On 6 Jun 2016 at 6:09pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
When will it all be over? Please tell me it won't overlap with Wimbledon.

On 7 Jun 2016 at 3:50am Horseman7 wrote:
Whilst I'll only watch the England games, I'll be avidly completing my wall chart long after they've exited.

On 10 Jun 2016 at 9:23pm Oik wrote:
You are so right to give me a thumbs down , I am wrong , we've smashed the place up before we've even kicked a ball

26 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Snowdrop Stairs 105:132
Snowdrop Stairs

I think it is unlikely that the IMF will be involved at all in our deficit Tom. The government have offered to give lots of money... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine