Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Pubs on Christmas Day

On 24 Dec 2014 at 10:25am huw wrote:
Normally by now someone has asked what pubs are open on Christmas Day.
This year I guess I might as well start off:
The Elephant and Castle is open from 12-2.30ish with the amazing Denzil Jones doing his annual bar shift/one man panto behind the bar giving away port and mince pies.
I assume, as usual, the lovely Kathy and co at the Brewers will be welcoming people in lunchtime and evening (hopefully with a break to enjoy their own meal).
The wonderful Alec at the Lamb has opened lunchtimes and evening too over the past few years.
I can't vouch for the others so maybe someone else can help out so that we have a comprehensive list of where to go on Christmas Day.
In the meantime, hope you all have a Merry Christmas!
On 24 Dec 2014 at 4:53pm Sussex Jim wrote:
The Brewers will be open 12-2; and again in the evening, as I heard from the lovely Kathy earlier today. What a good traditional pub.
On 24 Dec 2014 at 5:11pm Bevi or 2 wrote:
The Tally Ho will be open from 12-3pm. Good time had by all in past years x
On 24 Dec 2014 at 5:22pm Lewes Working MenCkubs wrote:
Hello, and a Merry Christmas to all. Lewes Working Men's Club is Open on Christmas day from 12 until 2pm. If you fancy a nice pint of Harvey's Best or Old, A game of snooker, toads, table football, pool, chess, Jenga, and you more you are more than welcome. We are next door to the Esso garage.
On 24 Dec 2014 at 5:57pm biggles wrote:
the pub on christmas day!!
get a life.
On 24 Dec 2014 at 7:34pm Lamblord wrote:
I'm closed at lunchtime because I'll be in the Elly!
The Lamb is open from 5pm til about 10.30/11
Happy Christmas All.
Whether it be at home (with family/friends) or in a pub (with friends/family!) - Seasonal love to you all (except the racists!) x
On 24 Dec 2014 at 7:52pm huw wrote:
Sorry Alec, my mistake.
I'll see you tomorrow lunchtime for a shandy or two.
Not sure why Biggles thinks it such a terrible thing to go to the local hostelry on Christmas day. It's a grand tradition where you can meet up with friends and family and take a break from sitting indoors, gorging yourself. Why not give it a try Flight Lieutenant Humbug, you might just like it.
On 24 Dec 2014 at 11:27pm Old Bloke wrote:
Lamb landlord - oh dear.
Unnecessary comment tagged on the end. Pub to avoid in case of preaching from behind the bar.
The Toynbee set will be hot footing it there
On 25 Dec 2014 at 12:03am Not him again wrote:
Go away
On 25 Dec 2014 at 7:38am Earl of Lewes wrote:
Biggles - you tw*t - for all those people who live alone or aren't seeing anyone today, spending a few hours in the pub on Christmas Day is getting a life.

27 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Vikings lewes 127:132
Vikings lewes

I see you still pay no attention to the bits that might tax the old grey cells. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.
George Washington