Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Pubs and Nov 5th

On 4 Sep 2013 at 7:45pm OutofTowner wrote:
A little early I know, but can anyone tell me what the pub situation is like on Nov 5th? eg are they all open all evening to anyone? Do you have to buy tickets or live in Lewes to be admitted?
On 4 Sep 2013 at 7:49pm Hic wrote:
Please don't come , stay in your friendly local , thanks
On 4 Sep 2013 at 8:06pm lewes born and bred wrote:
Typical idiotic response from Hic there.
Some pubs open, some are ticket or regulars only...you would need to check with the individual pubs. You're more then welcome to lewes on the 5th, the more the merrier. It's a totally free evening but it's not for the faint hearted with fireworks going off all over the place and big crowds.
Of the bonfires, well im not a member of any although the other half is in waterloo. Cliffe charge if you want to go to the firesite but to be honest, the best display is Commercial square which is in the park at the bottom of landport.
Enjoy
On 4 Sep 2013 at 9:00pm my town wrote:
lewes born You started of ok till you said .more the merrier . lest the merrier
is best
On 4 Sep 2013 at 9:28pm Buzz wrote:
We don't want outsiders coming to town !!
On 4 Sep 2013 at 10:14pm Hic wrote:
I said please and thank you and was giving sound advice to an out of tower , IMHO , I am a member of a society ,
On 4 Sep 2013 at 10:22pm Buzz wrote:
Thanks lewes B and B for the compliment about our display , I sort of agree with the other Buzz , we do need to keep numbers of visitors to a manageable level and if they are sober so much the better ,
On 4 Sep 2013 at 11:03pm lewes resident wrote:
November the 5th in Lewes is hell , stay away if you can
On 5 Sep 2013 at 7:04am topman wrote:
Well just to point out that you are all talking about the 5th . a vote will be had soon to all members about moving it to the saturday after the 5th
On 5 Sep 2013 at 7:10am Blandy wrote:
It ain't gonna happen

On 5 Sep 2013 at 8:06am Marmaduke wrote:
You'll find Lewes very busy, transport in and out a nightmare. There's lots of good reasons why the bonfire societies advise people to stay away. Remember that it's an event put on for, and by, the town so there's not much encouragement to get people from outside to come in.
On 5 Sep 2013 at 8:09am lewes resident wrote:
I would just like to comment that not everybody in the town supports the bonfire societies but we put up with it.
On 5 Sep 2013 at 9:20am wrote:
Typical degative comments by boring old farts that need to complaine about everything that stops them living thier out of London country dream, move to Eastbourne if you want to retire in a boring s**thole!
On 5 Sep 2013 at 1:45pm 8 miles from home wrote:
Everyone should come and see the towns March for England parades.

On 5 Sep 2013 at 2:22pm csbs wrote:
Topman the wont happen sorry
On 5 Sep 2013 at 4:25pm lewes resident wrote:
you don't have to be a boring old fart to dislike the bonfire night in Lewes, far from it, nor do you have to have lived in London, there are other places in the UK. we probably are in a minority in Lewes but we put up with it and our taxes pay for the policing of it etc. so we are entitled to an opinion.
On 5 Sep 2013 at 5:55pm Hello Trevor wrote:
Well there you go OutOfTowner! This thread should tell you all you need to know about Lewes. I wouldn't take too much notice if I were you. If you like fireworks then come along and get involved. It's a free country!
On 5 Sep 2013 at 8:22pm gobstopper wrote:
bonfire is tatt.

On 6 Sep 2013 at 12:41pm Someone else wrote:
Moderator please remove this thread. It has not one reference to fracking nor climate change which is an outrage.

18 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Pells Pool Perspective 97:132
Pells Pool Perspective

'credited to the 'rona' - Odd that. 'the 'rona' takes up less space and as much breath as 'corona' so why say 'the 'rona'? Is it... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams