Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Public finances in a mess.Recession inevitable

On 15 Jul 2017 at 12:02am Brexit madness wrote:
UK public finances face twin threat from Brexit and downturn, says OBR
Budget watchdog warns country is in worse shape to withstand recession than on the eve of 2007 financial crash.
Britain’s public finances are in worse shape to withstand a recession than they were on the eve of the 2007 financial crash a decade ago and face the twin threat of a fresh downturn and Brexit, the Treasury’s independent forecaster has warned.
The Office for Budget Responsibility – the UK’s fiscal watchdog – said another recession was inevitable at some point and that Theresa May’s failure to win a parliamentary majority in last month’s election left the public finances more vulnerable to being blown off course than they were in 2007.

Check it out here »
On 15 Jul 2017 at 11:49am Newms wrote:
What he said ....
On 15 Jul 2017 at 3:35pm Anchor wrote:
So poor old Timothy West is going to be spending his hard earned cash on high monthly mortgage repayments for the privilege of living in a tiny house that will be hit by the looming recession anf depreciate in value until he ends up in negative equity.
Not quite so enviable if you think about realistically, is it cyclamen?
On 15 Jul 2017 at 4:38pm Mark wrote:
Key words that make the whole article a bit pointless are "at some point". Ten years time is a point.
On 16 Jul 2017 at 10:08am Boom + Bust wrote:
is the British way and always has been since the turn of the 20th. Century.

On 17 Jul 2017 at 12:26pm Janitor wrote:
Loos are in a mess too

31 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Brian_the_Snail_Lewes 14:132
Brian_the_Snail_Lewes

Lewes Priory Cricket Club (LPCC) is based at the Stanley Turner Ground, Kingston Road, Lewes (i.e. next to the rugby club). ... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the forum and being able to respond to things I agree and don't agree with.
Clare