Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Psychic

On 25 Sep 2011 at 11:55pm mulan wrote:
Does anyone have any recommendations for a good accurate psychic for a reading?

On 26 Sep 2011 at 1:37am Dingo wrote:
I`m pretty good and I won`t cost you a penny. Here is my prediction for the near future.I see you willingly giving a large some of money to an unscrupulous charlatan in exchange for commonplace information that any fool could make up!How`s that for you?.

On 26 Sep 2011 at 2:06am Dingo wrote:
P.S. I will also give a free reading to anyone who spots the deliberate spelling mistake in my last post.
On 26 Sep 2011 at 8:37am 'ere be monsters wrote:
Didn't see that coming, did you mulan?
On 26 Sep 2011 at 9:02am Shardlake wrote:
'Some' instead of 'sum'. I claim my free reading. Please advise when this can be arranged.

On 26 Sep 2011 at 10:31am Lewes Skeptic wrote:

No true psychic power has ever been demonstrated. James Randi's million dollar challenge (awarded to anyone who can demonstrate genuine psychic powers) has remains unclaimed.

Back in the 1980s James Randi invesitgate American faith healer Peter Popoff. Randi worked out that Popoff must be using an earpiece and was being fed information over a radio transmitter. Randi tuned in to the right frequency and Popoff's fraud was exposed when Popoff's wife could be heard giving him information.

Earlier this month UK Psychic, Sally Morgan, who had a programme on ITV "Sally Morgan Star Psychic" and has a series on Sky Living was discovered to be using the same trick as Popoff at a live show she gave in Dublin.

There is little doubt that all self-styled psychics are either deluded individuals or fraudsters. They prey on the vulnerable.

A new campaign 'Project Barnum' (see link below) was launched at the weekend with a mission '... to provide information pertaining to the use of psychological tricks by self-titled Mediums and Psychics while on stage, or in private readings. This is achieved through the distribution of free resources and sharing of educational materials.'

Check it out here »

On 26 Sep 2011 at 11:23am 'ere be monsters wrote:
A Skeptic, "a person who maintains a doubting attitude, as toward values, plans, statements, or the character of others." I don't think you any doubt, do you?

On 26 Sep 2011 at 11:32am Lewes Skeptic wrote:
Try this definitions here.

Check it out here »

29 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Chapel Hill Lewes 20:132
Chapel Hill Lewes

Local99 why not an American Diner just because itís not to your taste, you can get some good quality American Diner... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The Lewes Forum is one of the many great things about Lewes
Nina