Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Property lawyer

On 30 Mar 2011 at 11:29am Fed up wrote:
My sale has just fallen through again. Does anyone know of a good, proactive property lawyer?

On 30 Mar 2011 at 11:43am new owner! wrote:
David Hovey at Adams & Remers is brilliant. I have used him several times and he has always been really proactive. Always ask for a fixed fee though.
Good luck
On 30 Mar 2011 at 12:42pm MC wrote:
I've just used Colin Edmonds of Howlett Clark in Brighton to buy my house. An extremely complicated sale and he managed it admirably. I may not have been the easiest client he has had as I did ring him a lot (but I think you do have to keep convenyancing solicitors on their toes). Still, the conveyancing took 4.5 months and there was only one price rise over this time (which I feel lucky to have got away with). My conveyancing file is about 6" thick.
Tel: 01273 426182

I've also used his colleague Tim Fenton for sorting out various leases and buying a business building in Lewes. Very impressed with him. Tel: 01273 718541

On 30 Mar 2011 at 5:59pm BJ wrote:
I would highly recommend Sarah Edmunds Legal in Lewes.

On 31 Mar 2011 at 10:41am Fed up wrote:
Thanks - I think I will go for one of MC's connections as I've had experience of Adams and Remers before.
BJ - do you have a specific reason for recommending Sarah Edmunds?

On 31 Mar 2011 at 12:57pm BJ wrote:
Fed up
I and other family members have only used her services for making our wills but she also does conveyancing. I found her very professional, friendly & importantly to me, sensibly priced compared with some other solicitors.

31 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

The Gardeners Arms Lewes 115:132
The Gardeners Arms Lewes

I was quite fond of the guy. But Boris is, of course, behind the serious over-coverage; it is a welcome distraction from travel... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine