frame-src 'self' data:

Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Proper builder wanted

On 10 Sep 2018 at 4:08pm Breathe in wrote:
I live in Lewes and I'm looking for a good, reliable builder for a spot of joinery and brickwork. Lewes builders all seem incredibly expensive, that's when they can bothered to quote at all, and on the flaky end of fancy. I suspect I need to look further afield - Seaford or Ringmer perhaps? Any suggestions?
On 10 Sep 2018 at 4:43pm Nancy wrote:
If you pay peanuts you get monkeys.
On 10 Sep 2018 at 5:00pm Just Saying wrote:
Yeah they have more demand than supply, it's frustrating but I guess there's no point in them spending times talking to you if they can't do the work anyway.
I used Luke Beasley (who uses a local chippy, electrician etc), best way to contact is through Facebook.
On 10 Sep 2018 at 5:50pm Sandman wrote:
Matt at MSP Carpentry based in Hove.

Check it out here »
On 10 Sep 2018 at 9:50pm Cementman wrote:
Hove is too far
On 10 Sep 2018 at 10:27pm Reassuringly expensive wrote:
Lewes is an expensive town to live in therefore the people who live here that provide services will charge accordingly. You saying they’re expensive, well, how much do you earn ? Obviously enough to afford to live here
On 11 Sep 2018 at 5:41am Spot on wrote:
Also used Luke and he was he was exactly what your looking for , turned up quoted then turned up and did the work no fuss no messing about just got it done. would high recommend
On 11 Sep 2018 at 6:56am PhilnKirsty wrote:
I’d look further afield - Saltdean, Peacehaven, Newhaven - I know a great builder but he picks & chooses his work and is always booked. Ultimately if you live in a £1 million + house you should expect people to take the piss
On 11 Sep 2018 at 9:03am Breathe in wrote:
I love the assumptions that followed my post: that I'm a born-yesterday DFL on a banker's salary living in a million pound house. None of the above. If I didn't know Lewes builders were taking the piss I wouldn't be looking elsewhere. Anyway, thanks for the suggestions, I'll give Luke a try
On 11 Sep 2018 at 10:33pm Buttons wrote:
John Charles very good builder I can recommend
On 12 Sep 2018 at 10:45am Where’s my Audi? wrote:
When you say ‘proper builder ‘ I assume you want a divorced, philandering, Transit driving, roll up smoking, cash up front, jack the lad. I’m afraid there’s none of them left. They’re all iPad carrying hipsters now ala H*W
On 13 Sep 2018 at 8:32pm gilly wrote:
Stay a2ay from A J HOMEMAKER

25 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

extinction rebellion lewes 36:132
extinction rebellion lewes

Does anyone know the owner of a ginger cat on Hamsey Crescent that wears a blue/yellow or blue/grey collar? It is quite skinny... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an ass of yourself.
Oscar Wilde