Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Promoting a gig

On 28 Sep 2015 at 10:58pm SpaceCadet wrote:
I'm currently promoting a gig at All Saints in November, finding it tricky to locate suitable places for posters, since many shops no longer put them in windows and the community boards in places like Bills, Riverside and Costa are a complete mess. Tourist Office won't put anything up until about two weeks before... So far the most willing recipients have been the pubs. Both our local rags will not give any editorial space to it either. Any advice here? Social media the way forward? Ta x
On 28 Sep 2015 at 11:02pm fly poster wrote:
Hoarding on magistrates?
On 28 Sep 2015 at 11:05pm We no wrote:
Did you add it to the What's on listings on here?
It will get posted to fb and twittering you do
On 29 Sep 2015 at 4:35am Horseman7 wrote:
How about Union Music Store in Lansdown Place?
On 29 Sep 2015 at 9:49am Corvus wrote:
Can you help someone on this Forum who likes to describe himself and his wit as a Satirist?
Are there any openings at your 'Gig' at the All Saints Venue & can you please take him with you?
He certainly isn't no Ben Elton! or local chap Mark Williams!
His hand certainly doesn't run to being a William Hogarth or James Gillray either.. Sad Really! I can think of an awful lot of other descriptions for him, but I think it best not to put them on the Forum before 9pm.. He does try though (in a fashion).. if not rather badly!
On 29 Sep 2015 at 10:30am mavis wrote:
Just remember advertising costs money. Nothings for free !

On 30 Sep 2015 at 1:39pm SpaceCadet wrote:
Yes already listed on here and doing the rounds on social media. Tickets on sale via Union so poster up already. Ta for tip fly poster! Firing up my laminator this afternoon.
Corvus: not entirely sure what you are getting at there. The main man Mark Morriss does a bit of 'stand up' in between songs. But I'll bear in mind for future plans!
Ta x

On 30 Sep 2015 at 1:39pm SpaceCadet wrote:
Yes already listed on here and doing the rounds on social media. Tickets on sale via Union so poster up already. Ta for tip fly poster! Firing up my laminator this afternoon.
Corvus: not entirely sure what you are getting at there. The main man Mark Morriss does a bit of 'stand up' in between songs. But I'll bear in mind for future plans!
Ta x
On 30 Sep 2015 at 3:38pm Covus wrote:
Your such a pillock!
You have similar irritating traits to Paul Newman.
I wish you would just bang your head and you 'might' just 'might' recover some dignity. I fear not though...

28 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Arms Lads 55:132
Lewes Arms Lads

Well it looks as if I can jet off soon , none of the loud mouths with nothing behind them have anything to say, all piss and wind... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.
George Washington