Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Processed food

On 27 Oct 2015 at 8:09am sceptic wrote:
A few weeks ago my doctor adviced me to eat red meat and plenty of veg as a healthy diet. I now hear that processed meat can cause certain types of cancer and this includes Sausages, Pate, Corned Beef, Ham, Bacon etc. In fact all types of processed meat including smoked fish etc. I am now waiting to hear all those Chefs on t/v that dish up mouth watering red meat to say it is all rubbish. I am not sure what to have for breakfast this morning, perhaps I will climb into the rabbit hutch.
On 27 Oct 2015 at 8:37am Little Chef wrote:
Everything you list above has been processed (not in its original form). A piece of fresh meat is in its original form so therefore hasn't been processed. We've known for a long time that processed foods aren't good for you but it's all about balance, so the odd sausage and mash or bacon sarnie is OK, just don't only eat the items in your list on a daily basis. Remember the best way to eat food is to eat it as close to its original state. For example lots of vegetable especially raw and good quality unprocessed meat.
On 27 Oct 2015 at 8:55am Sausages wrote:
I've been puzzling about this - good butcher's sausages aren't 'processed' in the sense that they've been heat-treated/ smoked. The pork is minced and they add salt, herbs and spices, egg or rusk. (I went to Frank Richards' sausage-making workshop at OctoberFeast a couple of years ago :-)). How is that different from eating a breaded pork chop? I think the authorities must mean salami etc?

On 27 Oct 2015 at 9:51am Doris wrote:
Sold our shares in Pepperonii ! Grrrrrh !

On 27 Oct 2015 at 11:13am simple wrote:
Eat meat from grass fed animals, eat a variety of colours of vegetables, and lots of them, eat small amount of carbohydrates, eat organic where possible, (proven has more vitamins and trace minerals than conventionally produced food), avoid anything that has more than 5 ingredients listed on the label. Ignore rubbish about butter, cream, eggs, etc, exercise a little daily, even walking. Share good meals with good friends, be content. My grandmother did all of this and lived to 99.

On 27 Oct 2015 at 5:53pm Merlin Milner wrote:
Churchill's diet got him to 90! See link.

Check it out here »

31 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

extinction rebellion lewes 36:132
extinction rebellion lewes

I was quite fond of the guy. But Boris is, of course, behind the serious over-coverage; it is a welcome distraction from travel... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone
Nancy
Brighton Jobs