Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think


Lewes Forum New message

Privatisation of NHS has begun

4
3
On 2 Jul 2017 at 1:19am Nurse wrote:
Please see the final post at the end of the thread title 'Public Sector Pay Freeze'.
8
7
On 2 Jul 2017 at 4:56am Billy wrote:
Nurse, you claim there are millions more nurses than doctors. Please check your facts otherwise no-one will believe you. ( I reckon there are circa 300,000 nurses and approximately 110,000 doctors).
4
2
On 2 Jul 2017 at 8:24am Mark wrote:
I think, fellow nurse, that ball has been rolling for years. The creation of clinical commissioning groups could have had no other purpose than to create stand-alone units that are easily sold off. The agenda was being rolled out at the same time as David Cameron was earnestly assuring as that the NHS was safe in his hands because he had a disabled son (weird logic). It's a shame that they're going down the road of subcontracting to suppliers that will then be in a monopoly position. It's will be a healthcare service along the lines of Southern Rail and Southern Water.
2
3
On 2 Jul 2017 at 8:26am Mark wrote:
And where it's going to get its nurses from is a bit of a head-scratcher.
3
3
On 2 Jul 2017 at 9:35am sect wrote:
Thanks for pointing us to the post nurse. Neoliberal politicians are canny at using 'shock and awe' incidents that occur as cover for pushing through their agenda to dismantle the NHS and the whole state. Crosby the conservatives' cold fish election plotter would no doubt refer to them as 'dead cats'. He is adept at using them. The US and their allies also seemed to use them to great effect in the IRAQ war.
9
4
On 2 Jul 2017 at 10:36am Hate Preacher wrote:
Maria Caulfield associated herself with the pleas from Head teachers to increase savaged funding, but voted for the cuts.
Now she is campaigning for higher pay for nurses, and is in the awkward position of having to explain why she voted against the Labour amendment to end the public sector pay cap. More SOTVA (says one thing votes another)?
Her excuse is that Labour only tabled the amendment to bring down the Queens speech by undermining the authority of the government( see her tweet) . True dat; but only true because the Conservative Party campaigned on the basis of keeping the cap. She can`t vote against Conservative Policy because …its Conservative Policy. Oh that’s ok then.
Her additional promise is that…….”lifting the cap is already on the agenda for the budget in a few weeks’ time. Important we don't just lift the cap but give a meaningful pay rise which the pay review body will recommend shortly”. So what does that mean? Is Maria unilaterally removing Public sector pay cap ? Nope; the words” On the agenda” and “It is important ….” , mean nothing. The pay review body, cannot be hidden behind by this slippery devil either . It sorts out the details after the government have set the spending levels, that’s all.

So bottom line , she voted against lifting the pay cap but she wishes to be seen as on the side of nurses .You can`t do both .This is no more edifying than a Policeman trying to bluster about procedure when he has been caught inventing evidence and this sort of shoddy obfuscation demeans us all
Best
Hate Preacher
5
2
On 2 Jul 2017 at 11:46am The people wrote:
NHS privatisation has been going on for a while. NHS spending £150M each year on management bought in to push further privatisation scehemes. The way it's being done will make reversion mostly impossible. Sad times for the UK.........
2
4
On 2 Jul 2017 at 3:12pm Irrelevant Post wrote:
I like to spread my baps with low fat cheese.
3
2
On 2 Jul 2017 at 3:38pm Meic wrote:
The rot began with the Thatcher government's "Working for patients" reforms of 1989, that introduced the internal market. It's been pushed continuously by civil servants, particularly Social Policy and Administrationgraduates, in the DoH who do not believe in a tax-funded health service (I have met some of them).
The marketisation process is now largely driven by EU requirements, and one of the rather few benefits of Brexit might be that a government so minded could reverse the process.
6
5
On 2 Jul 2017 at 3:52pm Multi names loon wrote:
It's all the tories fault. Everything is their fault.
6
6
On 2 Jul 2017 at 4:45pm The people wrote:
Both parties have contributed to the NHS problems.....
4
5
On 2 Jul 2017 at 5:00pm Multi names loon wrote:
Try telling that to the lefty loons on here...
1
3
On 2 Jul 2017 at 6:31pm Nothing to see here.... wrote:
It's all been downhill since the Norman's.
4
2
On 2 Jul 2017 at 7:52pm Mark wrote:
Eventually it happens... The Conservative voters pitch in with their vapid, empty-headed posts.
3
5
On 2 Jul 2017 at 8:50pm Pot Kettle wrote:
The lefty loon who continuously posts is the vapid, empty headed bore who does nothing but copy and paste other peoples words.
1
2
On 2 Jul 2017 at 9:17pm Norman's What ? wrote:
Illiteratus ? Or Norman Baker's ..........?


21 posts left

Your response


You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms


 

Moving On parade 93:132
Moving On parade

Eddi: Amazon delivered your parcels to us today – you've got the wrong address in your account.

Please let me know what you... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an ass of yourself.
Oscar Wilde