Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Prison chimney

On 20 Nov 2012 at 7:23pm Nevillman wrote:
I've lived near the prison for many years and only just realised that the concrete chimney that was in the prison has gone. When did it go?

On 21 Nov 2012 at 10:15am Karen wrote:
How the hell is Santa supposed to deliver his presents to the crims now?

On 21 Nov 2012 at 10:44am giraffe wrote:
No hassle - they have everything already!

On 21 Nov 2012 at 11:09am Teacher wrote:
I know one person who will be glad to see the back of that chimney and that is the foreman in charge of the crew that built it. Apparently when it was finished he wanted a photo of him standing on the top of the chimney with the architectural drawings in his hand. After a bit of posing he looked at the drawing and let out a scream, what's up the crew shouted. I have been looking at the drawing upside done he screamed, it should have been a b@@@dy well. Not surprisingly he got the sack.

On 25 Nov 2012 at 1:55pm Jack the lad wrote:
I was a guest for five years at Lewes prison and it was my job to fill up the fire buckets with water. I used to curse the foreman builder every time I had to climb the chimney to lower the bucket down.

32 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Weeds for sale 140:143
Weeds for sale

What happened to my post made last night? Is there a curfew from 11 pm? What are the rules with this forum? Just tell me and... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the forum and being able to respond to things I agree and don't agree with.
Clare