Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Priory fun today

On 20 May 2010 at 7:12pm Stig of the dump wrote:
So were any of your delightful Triatians or Gemimas arrested for the high jinx at priory today. I heard the canteen was completely trashed, reception was smoke bombed and the whole school generally was bad.
Now i don't mind a bit of fun but if any of these yobs were arrested, i hope the little darlings were charged and then have a criminal record for the rest of their lives.
Of course, most of the arrested childeren's parents will probably be saying that it was never their kids fault and were just in the wrong place, blah blah.

On 20 May 2010 at 10:06pm TeeHee wrote:
Hang, draw and quarter them. Then do the same to the parents.

On 20 May 2010 at 11:51pm TDA wrote:
Excellent. Life in Lewes still

On 21 May 2010 at 7:55am Joe Kerr wrote:
Stig
Did you read the report in the Daily Mail ? Must be true then

On 21 May 2010 at 8:20am Clifford wrote:
One of the interesting things about Britain is how much adults hate children and young people. I don't think you find this level of hatred in Europe.

On 21 May 2010 at 9:19am Stig of the dump wrote:
Joe Kerr, I stopped buying comics when i was 16.
Clifford, Nothing to do with HATING young people, it's the lack of respect and consideration they show for any one or any thing that p!$$es a lot of people off. This lack of respect is usually the result of bad parenting.
Oh, i thought we were in Europe.

On 21 May 2010 at 10:16am 'ere be monsters wrote:
I can remember being young, some people obviously can't. It was the lack of respect old codgers had towards ALL youngsters whether they were delinquents or not that used to p!$$ me off.

On 21 May 2010 at 4:39pm An (old Codger) wrote:
What rot you speak "ere be monsters w hen did you see(old codgers)invading your school, recking it,spoiling you day at the pells,invading the Grange? Seems to me you were a troublesome youth and probably deserved any so called disrespect.Perhaps they felt you needed some discipline! Im an (old codger)teach me something to get my on back!

On 21 May 2010 at 4:45pm Another (Old Codger) wrote:
Saw a gang of marauding Old Codgers just now over near Tescoes. They said they were on their way to skate park to cause some bovver!!

On 21 May 2010 at 5:00pm Decent Citizen wrote:
Oh Sorry im laughing,but the above made me think of THE MONTY PYTHON sketch. Old ladies pushing,, thumping terrorising the locals with their swinging hand bags. Chuckle.

On 21 May 2010 at 5:05pm parent wrote:
I presume that those who condone this behaviour would boviously have no objection to the yobs smashing their houses up. Mind you, i bet most of the people who condone it wouldn't notice if their houses were smashed up.

On 21 May 2010 at 5:14pm Decent Citizen wrote:
PARENT . I do not for a moment condone the bad behavior. Sorry if I my attempt at humour was misunderstood. I was replying to the old codgers answering "ere be monsters."i was pointing out how stupid the remarks were.

On 21 May 2010 at 5:25pm Down and Out wrote:
My first instinct is to suspect a sentence which starts, "I heard" and ends, "whole school generally was bad" as being a load of old bobbins. I shall talk to my own kids later and find out what actually happened. It's Y11 leaving week, isn't it? Presume whatever happened is related to that.

On 21 May 2010 at 5:46pm Stig of the dump wrote:
"I heard" from my daughter, a parent of a year 11 pupil who saw it all but wasn't involved and a dinner lady at the school. Would you like me to call anyone else ? The year 11's were filling up water balloons with p1$$ and throwing them at the year 7's, oh what fun, and i was told that that the yobs had paintballing equipment (although i don't know if it was used) and BB guns.
The dinner lady told me it was the worst the school has ever seen and went way beyond "high jinx" and was blatent, pre-meditated criminal behaviour.
Bless em.

On 21 May 2010 at 5:57pm Confused wrote:
Just how exactly do you fill a water balloon with p1ss ? They are hard enough to fill up from the tap ! Sounds like a bit of overactive imagination to me.

On 21 May 2010 at 6:03pm Decent Citizen wrote:
Without being too graphic CONFUSED perhaps the little BOYS were able to fill them!!

On 21 May 2010 at 6:45pm Decent Citizen wrote:
Red smoke was seen coming from school also a LOT of police!!

On 21 May 2010 at 7:00pm Decent Citizen wrote:
Soooooooooooo glad my kids are grown,school was ok at the time they were there. Knowing what I do (having witnessed some, having lived in street)it would not now, be my choice of school for them!

On 21 May 2010 at 10:06pm Priory kid wrote:
No BB guns, No pantballing guns, no water balloons filled with pi$$, just water guns =) I WAS THERE

On 21 May 2010 at 11:08pm Bad Gina wrote:
Me thinks the old bill were expecting trouble as their presence in the vicinity was present ALL morning.

On 22 May 2010 at 12:27am Brixtonbelle wrote:
A lot of the Yr 11 kids went in wearing 'morph' suits apparently. There was a lot of rowdy behaviour, lots of police and I'm told some of the 'guilty' spent the night in police cells. Not sure how true that last bit is, probably just an ugly rumour, really can't see what they would be kept in for, even if it was criminal damage, kids of that age normally released into the custody of their parents.
Many gcse, a-level and degree students celebrate the end of exams with wild celebrations and extreme siliness and have done for generations. Oxbridge is notorious for it, but of course, cos they are all posh, it's not seen as yobbery, just high jinks.

On 22 May 2010 at 9:04am Rookie wrote:
My daughter, who is not prone to lying or exaggeration, was actually there. There were some students armed with water guns and a firework was thrown into the restaurant rendering some food inedible. As far as she knows that was about the extent of it all.

On 22 May 2010 at 11:25am 'ere be monsters wrote:
Only just got back on here. An (old codger) I think you just made my point, not listening to what's being said, branding me troublesome without any facts, ranting on about what you assume I was saying without actually reading it.

On 22 May 2010 at 12:16pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
"Just how exactly do you fill a water balloon with p1ss ?"
With a funnel?

On 22 May 2010 at 7:14pm nursey wrote:
Annette Curtain-Twitcher. Assuming this happened, perhaps boys attached said recepticle to their appenage?

On 22 May 2010 at 7:16pm nursey wrote:
Appendage sorry

On 22 May 2010 at 8:08pm MC wrote:
Even for teenage boys the neck of a balloon might be a little too small for that. Piss it wasn't.

On 23 May 2010 at 6:01pm ex pupil wrote:
atleast they didnt get kicked out like 2 years ago.. that's just bellow the belt.
fixable vandalism and general rowdy behaviour is fun, i hope they made the most of it, it needed a new paintjob anyway.
shame people feel the need to moan about everything.. unbelievable.
what happened to your inner child?

On 23 May 2010 at 6:23pm one of the morphs wrote:
the rumours that have escalated from this are quite funny.
there were no BB guns, no p!$$ in water balloons, one arrest but he was released within the hour, no fireworks, before the smoke grenades were purchased we checked to see if they were harmful and they were completely harmless. there were 7 of us wearing morph suits and we had a great time, no trouble. we were a great hit with the locals who found our eccentric ways a laugh. i infact had little primary school children asking how the morph suit was and then was asked to pose for pictures from delighted parents whilst dozens of primary school children stood around me admiring the suit. whoever thinks its a load of yobbery must be so sad and full of fear that, as a part of the local yound community, i feel deeply sorry for you.
as for the police, they have always been tight on security on such occasions as they wanted to make sure matters ran smoothly at the best interest of the public.
thank you for all of the comments, i have been very amused. "stig of the dump" you especially have put a smile on my face, i do hope you are ok and that you dont have nightmares of people p!$$!ng in balloons or throwing fireworks and shooting BB guns because that would be scary wouldnt it!!

On 23 May 2010 at 11:28pm Brixtonbelle wrote:
Well said OOTM.
I saw two of your morphs in grange gardens and thought you looked great too - and the little kids loved it. A little bit of theatre always brings a smile.

On 24 May 2010 at 12:17pm Confused wrote:
I am a BOY Decent Citizen, and as such I cannot imaging the pain involved in placing a water balloon around the necessary appendage, or the pressure required to fill such an item. Frankly you would end up soaked in p1$$ yourself. As I said, its hard enough to fill one from a tap.

On 25 May 2010 at 12:54pm another morph wrote:
Stig of the Dump
I was there, i didn't "hear" it from people exaggerating rumours and trying to look like they were involved. I WAS THERE, in the middle of this "riot" and it was nothing like you describe, it was fun and no one was hurt, just a few upset old codgers and bored parents.
BB guns? The mental capacity of the child and dinner lady who cannot tell a neon coloured water gun from a gun firing ball bearings must be stupidly low. If BB guns were used im sure that there would of been reports of injured year 7s considering that BB guns fire metal ball bearings. Were there any injured year 7s, 8s, 9s or 10s, i believe not.

As for the urine in balloons? im sorry but this cannot work, the pressure needed for this would be incredibly painful and im sure not many year 11 boys would be prepared to put their penis' in obvious pain.
Paintballing equipent!?!? Now this is defiently a child trying to impress their parents and friends. There was no paintball firing equipment used at all. The smoke grenades used are sometimes used in paintballing because they are HARMLESS and cause NO DAMAGE. The smoke grenades were checked for health problems that could be related to the inspiration of the smoke and none were found anywhere, they are specifically designed to be HARMLESS. Everything that was used that day, such as smoke granades and water guns were checked to make sure that no health problems could occur from them.
As for the children who apparently spent the night in a cell? this is complete rumour. One child was detained for accidently being pushed into a parked car because the police was trying to force us onto convent field. This child was then released about half an hour later as soon as it occured to our brilliantly intelligent police officers that there was no damage to the car in question and it was clearly the police officer's own fault for trying to herd 250 students onto a path about 5 people wide.
I love your conclusion that squirting each other with water guns is a criminal act. I quote "if any of these yobs were arrested, i hope the little darlings were charged and then have a criminal record for the rest of their lives". A criminal record for squirting some harmless water onto friends. Sounds like a fair conclusion. We didn't even squirt water at pupils from other years because we were not allowed on the school grounds. (this rule is because of previous years, not our year.)

On 25 May 2010 at 1:38pm Janet Street Preacher wrote:
A contender for post of the month I think Webbo?

On 26 May 2010 at 2:16am Brixtonbelle wrote:
I'm pleased to see some life in these kids when they have been relentlessly pressured for five years to pass their exams and become homogenised units of production for the workforce. It's good to see some originality, fun, non-conformism and rebellion - especially in a town like Lewes.

On 26 May 2010 at 5:56am jelly bean wrote:
Brixtonbelle, i wonder if your liberal attitude would be the same if the little darlings had done this in Anne of Cleaves, the castle or any other Lewes landmark. Even if they did it in your home, would you still find it so refreshingly "full of life"

On 26 May 2010 at 9:08am Get Real, Dear. wrote:
Interesting that you have this view, BB. being a self confessed labour voter. As they've spent the last thirteen years trying to control every aspect of life and reducing civil liberties, I would have thought that you'd want them locked up. 'non-conformism and rebellion' as long as it's not in my road.

On 26 May 2010 at 10:05am Brixtonbelle wrote:
Yes I vote labour, but I disagree with an education policy that forces children through endless hoops and exams, discourages them early on in their education, takes the fun out of learning, and punishes teachers with ever more levels of bureaucracy. I was very critical of the labour govt and found the reduction of civil liberties on their watch deeply upsetting.
My politics are really a mix of liberal, labour and green. But I've even found myself agreeing with Tories on occasion, shock horror !
The youth should be having fun, questioning society and rebelling. But then I still remember my own youth during the punk era. Interestingly then there were many predictions of society collapsing. But guess what - all those former rebels and youth with high spirits are now running the country. Bullingdon club, anyone ???

On 28 May 2010 at 10:28pm Furious wrote:
Good riddance to them all. Utterly disgraceful.

This thread has reached its limit now
Why not start another one

Cliffes Cliff 27:132
Cliffes Cliff

Wish I was younger so I could leave you all to it. Boris represents everything I hate, and I guess by extension the UK now does... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine