frame-src 'self' data:

Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Priory School

On 5 Sep 2018 at 9:37am Priory Parent wrote:
Priory School what a joke. Kids being sent home because of the wrong kind of uniform. Have you seen what some of the teachers wear . 2 male teachers spring to mind . They look like a couple of homeless bums but they can wear what they like.
On 5 Sep 2018 at 9:43am Nick wrote:
Get a grip. At my school in the 1970s, we had a uniform inspection by the Headmaster every day at Assembly. Anyone not wearing correct uniform or with hair longer than shirt collar got sent home. I don't suppose they have Assembly any more either?
On 5 Sep 2018 at 9:49am Nancy wrote:
Priory parents what a joke. Can't even make sure that their kids go to school properly dressed. They've had six weeks to get their ars*s in gear.
On 5 Sep 2018 at 9:59am Priory Parent wrote:
If the headmistress did that at priory half the teachers would be sent home. I agree schools should have a uniform & be smart & tidy but so should the teachers.
On 5 Sep 2018 at 10:39am A disgrace wrote:
This all goes hand in hand with the downfall of priory school, smoking, drugs, chavs. Have you seen the state of some of the kids around Lewes? If they canít even wear a uniform that shouldíve been provided by their parents, what hope do they have in life??
On 5 Sep 2018 at 10:58am Priory Parent wrote:
Sorry the 1st part of your message I thought you were talking about the teachers. 1 teacher I could mention but won't walks down mountfield road fag on the go looking like a down & out rather than a teacher.
On 5 Sep 2018 at 11:29am Relieved parent wrote:
Im pleased they are stepping up the uniform because Im just glad i can walk around lewes now and not see priory school girls dressed like sluts!!!
On 5 Sep 2018 at 12:03pm Dare Nec Computare wrote:
Used to be the motto of Mountfield Priory, but that was back in the late 60's. Yes, the teachers smoked - any one remember Charles Gourlay ? - but the whole place was well disciplined. Downhill ever since from what I read here.
On 5 Sep 2018 at 12:18pm Parent wrote:
Half the teachers can't even speak proper English.
On 5 Sep 2018 at 12:26pm Relieved parent wrote:
Sorry are u saying teachers cant smoke? And i agree partly with the clothes they wear because i believe teachers should teach in a suit because it shows power
On 5 Sep 2018 at 12:53pm The teachers are a joke wrote:
I remember going to a parents evening where my sons female photography teacher chewed gum throughout our brief chat and couldnít look less interested
On 5 Sep 2018 at 2:09pm pixie on a leaf wrote:
Well my child has not been sent home; there again a I sent her in wearing the correct uniform! Why would you not?
On 5 Sep 2018 at 2:31pm K W wrote:
Yes but Mr Ashworth is a top bloke and he wears a suit.
On 5 Sep 2018 at 2:39pm MG wrote:
@Nick: it was the same at my grammar-turned comp in teh 1960s, and epitomises everything that was wrong with the educational system: the obscene idea that the function of a school was not to educate and prepare them for life as autonomous responsible individuals, but to expect to take their place as minions in pseudo-military hierarchies. The only relevant issue regarding clothing is that it is approporiate for the activity undertaken, so there may be restrictions an dwhat's suitable for cookery, metal- or woodwork, or scientific laboratory work, but not otherwise. The same applies to pupils and teachers. If Relieved parent really thinks a suit shows power, that teachers should smoke, and school dress policies are there to reflect his/her prurience then whereever he or she was educated cleary failed.
Priory has always has good or outstanding inspections from Ofsted,and it served our two offspring very well, spoiled only by ridiculous nit-picking over uniform, and a lack of attention to some forms of bullying.
On 5 Sep 2018 at 3:05pm Bimbo Ards wrote:
Dare Nec, I remember old man Gourlay, he used to tuck his hanky up his shirt cuff after blowing his nose on the stage at assembly. Not a tall man, he had a Scottish accent as I recall, coupled with a glassy stare which had the authority to send shivers down the spine.
On 5 Sep 2018 at 4:33pm Priory Parent wrote:
Not saying teachers can't smoke but walking down mountfield road in amounst the kid's smoking. Not good. Also this is the same teacher who has told the classes he teaches he would rather be skate boarding with his mate's rather than get the work ready for the class. I agree about the skirts being too short which is why we brought our daughter a grey pencil skirt but was sent home because it was not a pleated skirt that all the girls roll up to show their knickers off when they bend over.
On 5 Sep 2018 at 5:31pm @ Bimbo wrote:
Old Charlie - with a buttonhole (like at a wedding ) and nipping into the chemicals store mid lesson for a Players Navy Cut. Drove to school in an old black Ford Pop. Yes he was Scottish and had an old chiseled face, a bit like the original Dr. Who. I think that stare could burn the chemistry lab worktops. You needed someone in control then, with bottles of acid on the benches. NO messing about in there.
On 5 Sep 2018 at 5:59pm Lewes resident wrote:
Surely itís simple. There is a uniform and it should be adhered to ,what is so difficult about that? Itís up to the parents to ensure they are wearing the correct uniform ,break the rules get sent home .

On 6 Sep 2019 at 7:56pm hmm wrote:
Please name a job career which doesnít involve wearing trousers as a uniform.. Air hostesses. Barista ????

18 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes to Uckfield Line 87:132
Lewes to Uckfield Line

Motorists expectations need to be reduced. The idea that you should be able to drive everywhere at 60mph is unrealistic and they... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell