Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Priory: SATs and streaming

On 3 Feb 2017 at 9:09am Parent of Primary Kid wrote:
Does Priory take much notice of SATs results or do they retest once Yr7 pupils settle in?
Also does Priory stream it's Yr 7 pupils? ie lump all the boffins together and the less able one togethers?
Ta!
On 3 Feb 2017 at 10:40am Teachy wrote:
1. yes - it's the point from which they have to measure improvement.
2. No, no streaming anymore.
Plus they let kids smoke in a corner of the playground, don't even bother stopping them anymore despite repeated requests from several parents direct to head.
Cue resounding attacks from parents who have to defend any Priory fault. great school, but it has faults like any other.
On 3 Feb 2017 at 12:02pm Headmaster wrote:
Go Chailey or Ringmer. Far better.
On 3 Feb 2017 at 12:20pm Parent of Primary Kid wrote:
Oh for heavens sake. Are there no normal people reading this forum? I want to know about Priory's view on SATs. I don't want to know about smoking or other schools...Jesus. I'd get more sensible answers from my 10 year old.
On 3 Feb 2017 at 12:49pm Cynic wrote:
Well what do you expect? Asking sensible questions on here for heavens sake! One glance through other posts should make you realise what response you would get.
On 3 Feb 2017 at 1:02pm Smoking in Ham Lane wrote:
A tradition started by LGSFB during cross country runs - glad to see it's alive today. Puf Nec Computare
On 3 Feb 2017 at 8:19pm lewes resident wrote:
Unless it's changed they do stream them and yes the potential Oxbridge candidates are definitely kept together. They certainly are in Bhasvic
On 3 Feb 2017 at 9:09pm Helpful wrote:
The Sats are used to help understand pupils current abilities and to show progress from when they come in, BUT they also sit other tests and it by no means determines groups as mixed ability. Also weak SATS are not always a representative of GCSEs as pupils develop at different rates. Personally I hate SATS and see them as a measure for the primary school league tables , all students sit tests in first week at priory.
On 3 Feb 2017 at 9:15pm Parent wrote:
They use a combination of the SATs results, feedback from primary school teachers and CAT tests early in year 7 to decide on target levels.
No, they don't generally stream but I think they may group the kids who need additional support.
On 4 Feb 2017 at 10:27am Parent of primary kid wrote:
Thanks parent....finally a sane answer!!!!
On 4 Feb 2017 at 1:47pm TC wrote:
I think you mean setting rather than streaming. Streaming is the outmoded practice of putting more able pupils in the top class in every subject, rather than allowing for them to be better in some subjects than others, which is setting.

On 4 Feb 2017 at 3:47pm Jesus@Parent of primary wrote:
Seek and ye shall find : ask and it shall be given. O ye of little faith. Kind regards.

25 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes centre of The Cosmos 66:143
Lewes centre of The Cosmos

Good ol' Brexit hey more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell
Brighton Jobs