Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Printworks - Whats it like to live there

On 26 Mar 2012 at 8:32pm Curious Cat wrote:
I'm going to look at a flat in the Printworks, what's it like to live there? From the outside it looks like some flats are lucky enough to have a balcony whilst others don't is that right?
On 27 Mar 2012 at 11:03am Me-Mo wrote:
Some people that i know went to have a look at these flats last year in the view to buying. They said that they were really nice flats but they have had a lot of things go wrong with them in the short time that they have been built.

On 27 Mar 2012 at 5:01pm bastian wrote:
that's Santon for you, or one of their sister companies, expect more on the flood plane soon.
On 27 Mar 2012 at 9:06pm KENDO CASTER wrote:
Dont bother, things have already gone wrong with the building and its only going to get worse. The company i work for have already replaced some of the windows and doors.

On 28 Mar 2012 at 5:52pm bastian wrote:
and the roof was replaced in parts this year and some wall cladding, that's a hill, I hate to think what the underpinning is like.

On 28 Mar 2012 at 6:06pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
The square downpipes make an unholy racket in heavy rain. God knows how anyone there sleeps on wet nights.
On 29 Mar 2012 at 12:07am printer wrote:
It's ok here.
The square pipes do make a horrible noise.
Everyone would like to think it's horrible because it's. like, lewes and new flats.
But they're nice, our block seems to know each other and it feels safe.
I rent here and have no intention of ever buying property so i wouldn't like to comment on whether they're a good investment.
But as a nice place to live, in a wonderful location, it''ll do,
On 31 Mar 2012 at 9:16pm True Grit wrote:
Very badly built IMHO - problems waiting to happen. Tiny bedrooms, cheaply built. Renting ok but don't buy.
TG (a Surveyor)
On 23 Aug 2013 at 4:30pm HonestResident wrote:
The flats are lovely. The problem is the handful of retired nothing better to residents. They run the "Residents" association, and constantly complain about nothing. One of them recently even shouted at the one of the other residence in the street, for ignoring them. DISGUSTING BEHAVIOR. How she doesn't see that she has become the nightmare anti-social neighbor that she thinks she's prevented.

On 23 Aug 2013 at 4:30pm HonestResident wrote:
The flats are lovely. The problem is the handful of retired nothing better to residents. They run the "Residents" association, and constantly complain about nothing. One of them recently even shouted at the one of the other residence in the street, for ignoring them. DISGUSTING BEHAVIOR. How she doesn't see that she has become the nightmare anti-social neighbor that she thinks she's prevented.

27 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Bill Lewes 10:143
Bill Lewes

Examining the activity of the sun and assessing its influence on the earth's climate may well provide entertainment to some Tom... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an ass of yourself.
Oscar Wilde