Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Primary School Places

On 20 Jan 2010 at 8:44am Papaver wrote:
Anyone been in the situation where they have moved e.g. from Lewes to Ringmer and not been able to relocate their child to the nearest Primary School????
I have to choose a school now for my child to start in September but I'm thinking of moving in the meantime. Worried about schoolplaces etc

On 20 Jan 2010 at 10:16am woo wrote:
I'm have a similar dilemma. Trying to move to central Lewes (from just up the road, not London DFL haters), but the schools go on your address at the time of application - and the deadline is February.
If the school isn't over subscribed you have a chance of getting in. Most schools in Lewes are over subscribed it seems. Not sure about Ringmer though.

On 20 Jan 2010 at 11:08pm Brixtonbelle wrote:
I wouldn't worry - people move on quite a lot it seems. Our daughter started at one primary school before being offered a place at her preferred school within a week. Everyone I know who has appealed against their school place here has won the appeal.
I would talk to Escc - suspect they will advise you to apply for the school you want where you live now and once you move you will have to reapply again - a pain I know but not as drastic as it seems. The only schools that are oversubscribed are Wallands, Southover and Western Road - the village schools all seem to have places.

34 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Station Lewes 110:132
Station Lewes

Hm, I could recommend you Chameleon decorators and windows restoration This company uses vacuum-sealed double glazing technology... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine