Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Premier Inn jobs

On 19 Jul 2016 at 9:10am Resident wrote:
Anyone seen jobs advertised? Developers said that there would be 60 equivalent full time jobs created by the complex.
What is going underneath apart from the Italian chain restaurant?
On 19 Jul 2016 at 9:13am Jobs advertised wrote:
Try the polish job site, the jobs have been exclusively advertised abroad inline with EU directives.
*Please note this posting may be devoid of any actual facts
On 19 Jul 2016 at 9:20am Svetlana wrote:
I apply. 7.90 for 1 hour. Buy new mule in Latvia. Happy day
On 19 Jul 2016 at 4:24pm Debbie wrote:
I had one of my best meals ever at a Premier Inn, hope the Lewes one serves up the same quality. Can't wait to try it.
On 19 Jul 2016 at 4:41pm Ed Can Do wrote:
Have you tried typing "Premier Inn jobs Lewes" into Google as it does seem to chuck up quite a lot of relevant results. They don't specify exactly how many but they are certainly recruiting.
On 19 Jul 2016 at 6:37pm 60 equivalent? wrote:
What, 120 part time zero hours contracts.
On 21 Jul 2016 at 6:25am FTE wrote:
Full Time Equivalent. Business speak aka doubletalk, with an outcome probably as the above poster suggested in the Lewes arena.
On 22 Jul 2016 at 2:30pm Ed Can Do wrote:
I would imagine it'll be a mix of full and part time and zero hours jobs. Probably a full time senior manager and finance team, part time reception team and duty managers and then zero hours cleaners as you need more or fewer each day depending on occupancy levels. If you have a full time cleaning team then you'd waste a fortune on them all sitting around doing nothing on days there weren't many guests.

60 full time equivalent jobs means they're expecting it to take about 2,400 man hours to run the place per week which seems a bit excessive for a hotel that size to be honest.

On 23 Jul 2016 at 9:39am job girl wrote:
The recruitment is being run by Lewes jobcentre. No 0 hour contracts and vast majority of applicants are local people with a few from Brighton area. The manager is delighted with the quality of people applying and it looks as if most positions will be filled by local people! Good eh?
On 23 Jul 2016 at 12:57pm @job girl wrote:
Yes that's very good news, one request though can you make sure they all walk or bicycle to work . ps. I just love your matter of fact writing style, "job girl I think I love you, but I don't know for sure..."

On 24 Jul 2016 at 8:36am job girl wrote:
Thanks @job girl! I can't guarantee mode of transport however as most will be fairly local I would like to think they will walk or pedal!

26 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Railway Land Bridge 109:143
Railway Land Bridge

And further ER hypocrisy in the Pells this week, with a two-car household demanding that ESCC stop funding climate change.
You... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The Lewes Forum is one of the many great things about Lewes
Nina