Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Premier Inn

On 7 Feb 2017 at 1:12pm Lewes Resident wrote:
Amon Wildes - Re your comments on the Premier Inn under the Cote Thread I am intrigued to know where you get your information regarding the effect the Premier Inn is having on the other long standing bed and breakfasts in Lewes? How could you possibly know this? Do you run a b & b maybe and you are speaking from your own experience? However, you should not make a general statement that you cannot support - or can you? I very much doubt it. It could have a catastrophic effect on the small b & b's that have worked hard for many years to build up their businesses, but it is way too soon to tell. Please refrain from making sweeping statements that you cannot substantiate.
On 7 Feb 2017 at 3:09pm Another B and B lady wrote:
Well, I do run a B and B and the Premier Inn doesn't appear to be making much impression on bookings. It's two different markets: people who want b and bs and Airbnb don't want to stay in a Premier Inn. When unable to accommodate people, who tell me they have tried many other b and bs too, I do suggest they try the Premier Inn.

On 7 Feb 2017 at 10:41pm Traveller wrote:
More sweeping statements! I utilise both types of accommodation, and always have. I tend to lean towards brand new Travel Lodges / Premier Inns, so here in Lewes the hotel would get my custom.

On 8 Feb 2017 at 10:30pm Pompous wrote:
Like you Traveller I utilise rather than use accommodation because I think it makes me sound a special kind of person. Swiss Tony comes to mind.

Watch the video »

33 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

waterloo badge 138:143
waterloo badge

'Reclaim the streets' Tom? You jest. The same procession year after year on one day, the same relentless brainless 'patriotism'... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The great thing about the Lewes Forum is it's up to date and lively, you don't have to wait a month to get out of date news
Clarissa
Brighton Jobs