Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Pregnant Men

On 14 Feb 2018 at 3:29pm SHS wrote:
Call me a dinosaur but would somebody explain to me how the married men Tom and Lance can be expecting a baby? Has one of the men gone all the way with gender equality and really become pregnant? And - again call me old-fashioned if you will - has anybody thought of how the child will feel growing up and starting school? In future, will men no longer marry women? Big issues doubtless due to be swept under the carpet so that vociferous minorities are not offended....
On 14 Feb 2018 at 3:47pm Probably Surrogacy wrote:
I have no idea
On 14 Feb 2018 at 4:05pm Rob wrote:
I thought exactly the same when I read the news. Didn't Elton John and David Furnish do the same, or maybe they adopted?
I wonder whether Tom or his husband / wife did the donating? It must have been so romantic.
On 14 Feb 2018 at 4:36pm @SHS wrote:
Assuming that your question is genuine, you can easily find your answer if you bother to read beyond the headlines. Have you heard of surrogacy? It's where a woman agrees to carry a fertilised embryo on someone else's behalf. It may or may not be a baby from her ovum or one of the men's sperm, and fertilisation may have been natural, or in vitro. Look it up.
As for your other questions, only time will tell. Marriage may well be an out-dated institution, and non-standard families are pretty common these days.
On 14 Feb 2018 at 4:45pm @@SHS wrote:
They have not confirmed whether or not a surrogate was involved so the question is still valid.
On 14 Feb 2018 at 4:52pm @@@SHS wrote:
The pictures of Tom and Dustin with the scan (sonograph) suggests that it's by surrogacy. Is there any other possibility other than one of them having a uterus?
On 14 Feb 2018 at 5:18pm Tom wrote:
In regards to your 'In future, will men no longer marry women?' In this day and age women can actually conceive a child using two eggs and no sperm. So the real question should be will women no longer marry men?
Also, why would the child feel any different? There are healthy children being raised in loving environments by gay parents already, and there are unhealthy children being raised in abusive homes by straight couples. The issue that you pertain to is really to do with bullying and neolithic views rather then whether a same gender couple can raise a healthy child.
On 14 Feb 2018 at 5:26pm Uterally ridickuless wrote:
You will be struck down
On 14 Feb 2018 at 5:39pm Rob wrote:
I wonder what the degree of difficulty was?
On 14 Feb 2018 at 5:41pm SHS wrote:
@Tom "Also, why would the child feel any different? There are healthy children being raised in loving environments by gay parents already, and there are unhealthy children being raised in abusive homes by straight couples"
Good point.
Yes I know about surrogacy but as noted already no mention of that in some news sources. Surely the woman is critical to this (unless, as I asked.....).
On 14 Feb 2018 at 5:42pm Sid wrote:
High tariff but with a splash on entry.
On 14 Feb 2018 at 5:49pm Rob wrote:
Actually, the OP has a valid point.
"British Olympic diver Tom Daley has announced he is expecting a baby with his husband, US film director Dustin Lance Black.
They both shared the news on their social media accounts.
The couple got married in a service at Bovey Castle Hotel on Dartmoor, Devon, in May last year.
A spokesman for the couple told the Press Association: "Tom and Dustin are thrilled to share that they are expecting their first child in 2018."
The couple posted a photograph of themselves holding up a baby scan picture on Instagram and Twitter, with the caption "Happy Valentines Day!".
They have not revealed any more details about the pregnancy".
On 15 Feb 2018 at 8:18am Hot Lips wrote:
What annoys me is the way the media has reported it. Stating that two men are expecting a baby is just incorrect. Presumably one of them is the sperm provider. The another therefore has no biological link to the child. It is frigging ridiculous. Please stop all this cr@p before the human race implodes.
On 15 Feb 2018 at 8:25am Tim wrote:
@Hot Lips I seem to recall a man in the US giving birth. He was of course transgender. Presumably, he was unsure and kept hold of her important bits?
On 15 Feb 2018 at 10:08am Tom wrote:
@HotLips Actually, recent scientific advancements have been successful in using sperm from two males to conceive offspring.
Also, why are they not 'expecting' a baby? Anyway, there's really nothing wrong with as long as the child is in a loving stable home surely?
On 15 Feb 2018 at 10:29am Vicky wrote:
Yeah but, what happens when the child goes to school. Do they tell their friends they have two Dads, two Mums, or a Mum that is male, or a Dad that is female, or a Dad that used to be female etc. OMG the combinations are endless!
On 15 Feb 2018 at 10:41am Hyena wrote:
More to the point who cares ? No doubt a nice little deal with ' Hello' at some point.
On 15 Feb 2018 at 11:27am Tom wrote:
@Vicky - who cares? Children only have an issue with this due to it being instilled into them by their parental role figures. My son has a friend at school that has two mums. He doesn't care and why should he? He sees a friend not someone that might be being brought up 'incorrectly' as no-one has instilled that view into him. If your children take issue with other children not having a stereotypical family then that is due to you
On 15 Feb 2018 at 12:30pm @@@@SHS wrote:
You contradicted your original statement about not reading beyond the headlines. They have not confirmed surrogacy and why would a scan picture confirm surrogacy?
On 15 Feb 2018 at 12:41pm @@@@@shs wrote:
Good point
On 15 Feb 2018 at 12:52pm Vicky wrote:
So far as I know, anal intercourse between two parents, no matter how loving they are, doesn't produce babies.
On 15 Feb 2018 at 1:14pm Tom wrote:
@Vicky so you're saying that if two people haven't had vaginal intercourse they can't be parents?
On 15 Feb 2018 at 1:31pm Vicky wrote:
@Tom, read what I write, not what you like to think I'm saying! Let me spell it out again. ANAL INTERCOURSE between two parents does not produce babies. Prove me wrong.
On 15 Feb 2018 at 1:43pm Tom wrote:
@Vicky well thanks for that. I was assuming you had a point relevant to this discussion. My mistake
On 15 Feb 2018 at 1:54pm Vicky wrote:
@Tom, of course it is relevant. It is ruling out that Tom and Dustin's baby is not a result of natural conception between them!
On 15 Feb 2018 at 2:32pm Vicky wrote:
Whoops! Re my post above. I mean it is ruling out an act of natural conception.
On 15 Feb 2018 at 3:46pm @Vicky wrote:
Well done you've passed biology. How does that relate to this conversation?
On 15 Feb 2018 at 3:50pm @Vicky wrote:
Nope you don't get out of it that easily, let me know where I can find you and I'll have a really good go at proving you wrong. :p
On 15 Feb 2018 at 5:11pm Vicky wrote:
@@Vicky. The OP wanted to know how Tom and Dustin could be expecting a baby. I can't explain how one of them is pregnant, but I can rule out that natural conception between the two of them wasn't a contributing factor............unless, one of them is partially transgender and has retained her female reproductive organs. Maybe that is the answer?
On 15 Feb 2018 at 5:26pm @Vicky wrote:
Which one is pregnant?
On 15 Feb 2018 at 5:44pm John McKenna wrote:
In response to the question who is the sperm donor ? They could actually have mixed their sperm so they would not know who is the biological father . This is legal in America . It was suggested by some Elton John and partner used this method , last I heard they had neither confirmed nor denied that was the case . Its odd isn't it that those feminists who banged on about women not being incubators , when demanding abortion on demand seem ok with this ( as they were with Michael Jackson and Elton ) sheer hypocrisy . The other piece of hypocrisy here is that in America they have aborted fifty eight million babies since 1973 here since 1967 we have aborted getting on eight million currently we abort a baby every three minutes .In parts of America a child conceived is just as likely to be aborted as being born So if it is a thing of joy to have one then why have declared war on them in the womb ??? God Help us
On 15 Feb 2018 at 5:50pm Vicky wrote:
@@Vicky I don't know, but the original poster wanted to know if one of them was pregnant! My answer was in that context.
On 15 Feb 2018 at 7:04pm @Vicky wrote:
No your original answer was in the context of someone with a outdated and narrow minded view of the world in which same sex couples can't be parents.
On 15 Feb 2018 at 8:43pm Vicky wrote:
Kids need a mother. Only a mother can provide the emotional security and respond to the emotional cues of their infants. It is instinctive.
On 15 Feb 2018 at 9:31pm Right on wrote:
Kids need balance i.e. a mother born a female and a father born male.
On 15 Feb 2018 at 10:21pm Tom wrote:
@Vicky and @Right on - can you please state your sources?
On 15 Feb 2018 at 10:22pm Tom wrote:
Was too quick on the trigger - should've said Daily Mail doesn't count

This thread has reached its limit now
Why not start another one

Lewes Arms Lads 55:132
Lewes Arms Lads

There is none so blind as will not see. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the forum and being able to respond to things I agree and don't agree with.
Clare